How exactly does porn increase violence towards women?

I would think it would more likely decrease it since sexually frustrated people will more likely stay in their homes masturbating rather then get angry and go out raping women.

Most porn does not involve being violent towards women, it usually just involves sexual intercourse.

I would think that if men did not have porn, their sex drive would drive them to rape.

Plus theres no porn in Muslim countries and people in Muslim countries treat their women like sh*t.

Favorite Answer

porn creates this fantasy for men or women..most times porn is not realistic at all and porn uses women as an object, not a person. there for men think that women are only sex objects and not a human being..then this turns into violence, because porn puts this thought into men that it's okay to use women as object and treat them like property...it's this false reality that porn creates and it can be problematic

2

Source(s): Girls Alone Live Webcam - http://CamGz.com/?TBqv
  • Personal experience here, and I've got to go with all those who say that if a person him or her self is not predisposed to violence - they will not be violent. I had no mother and an alcoholic father.

I, as stated, come from a severely disadvantage and violent background, went to the roughest high school in my city, where the student teachers refused to come for practice, at 10.1/2, and learned to fight at a very early age. Just getting home from school often involved a form of gang warfare - I never belonged to a gang.

Despite this 'nurturing' I have always been a person who will not initiate violence - I have always regarded it as the last resort of the incompetent, and the proof of that is that, even in my 50's, I tamed a violent major city club with a totally non-violent approach.

Got all that?

So - no amount of porn or horror movies or action movies or whatever is going to change the simple, unassailable fact that I personally am not a violent person, and therefore, like the very vast majority of similar people, it is not really possible for those things to 'cause' violence.

It's a lie.

On the other hand, one thing that I know can cause ordinary people such as myself to embark upon violence is the application of violence against them for no proper reason. You should all know what I'm talking about here by now! State-sponsored violence in the name of a ridiculous social agenda

On another subject - the men in porn are just as much objects as the women - I simply could never be bothered watching it. And I have no religious affiliations, either.

I don't think porn increases anything on its own except for one's libido.

It's the same question as "do horror movies make people go out and kill?" Of course they don't. I've been a horror fan since I was seven years old and have seen the goriest, grossest most violent films you can imagine -- and I've loved 'em.. But I've never killed anyone. Hell, haven't even been in a fight for over a decade. I'm a peaceful, caring, loving person. I just happen to like horror movies.

And being a single male, I also have a relationship with pornography. And no, watching porn does not make me want to be violent to a woman. If anything, it makes me want to go find one and rock her world (or at least offer her the best ten seconds she'd ever have).

It's also the same question as "does heavy metal make people violent?" Nope. Dedicated head-banger here, and again, I wouldn't hurt a fly.

So, to answer the original question, no. If someone is going to be violent toward someone else, the violence is inherent in the person. It doesn't matter what movie they watch or what music they listen to -- if they WANT to hurt someone, they will.

Some claim that the roles that the women play in these videos, make men believe that, that's what women really want in a sexual relationship, or when you see "faked or mocked" violence, that it get men excited, and want to go out and do it for real.

I say that if a man or a woman wanted to commit violent acts, the video become simply an agitator to the event and not the cause.

• Roger

It's does not. Feminists assume that men are big bad wolves and we can't think for ourselves. If a man is going to be violent to a woman he is hgoing to be, the end! It is not porn that teaches this it is indocrtrinated into boys not men, you can't teach a man to be violent if he is not already. You can however teach young boys to be violent what with, gang culture, machoism, holding anger inside and letting it build up and the boys will be boys cultuire these all teach males that violence is totally normal for a male.

Pornography does not cause violence that is a myth. If porn for women showed women beating men would women start killing/raping men? No. You have to teach girls to act macho to get them to be violent.

How much porn show men beating women btw, not too much in my knowledge.

It doesn't. Only fetish porn is violent. Also if people are violent it should be blamed on poor upbringing not anything in the media.

All violence starts in the desire to do it. If a person pleasures themselves to and enjoys watching women be beat and hurt and taken advantage of, they enjoy the concept, they desire to see it happen again and again.

If they desire it, they may well go and make it happen.

(I really don't think porn is terribly dangerous for non-psychopaths, though.)

Ask serial killer Theodore Bundy, he had lots to say about porn and violence towards women.