anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 9 years ago

Dying natural blonde hair red? ANSWER!!?

hello friends :)

i have never dyed my hair before, and now... i feel like it's time. I want to go red. some people are advising me not to because they say that i'll never get my natural hair colour back... so idk.

i really want to dye it!

but i want to know all of the precautions, and aftermath kinda stuff i should know before dying it.

this is the colour i want :

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://www.nich...

Favorite Answer

Henna is the best red hair dye - it's a natural, healthy plant dye, so you don't have to worry about frying your hair, turning it wierd colors, etc! I'd definitely recommend it for a first-time dye job.

You can get natural henna powder online (try mehandi.com or Henna Caravan) and also find instructions for mixing it up; if you're a natural blond you should get a nice bright red color.

Good luck =)

Source(s): I use it - SO much better than chemical dyes!

If you really want it and you just really want a change then of course you should do it. I do suggest using henna because it is a safer plant dye then using the chemicals. ( My friend suggested it for me and I love it.) First of all, I suggest that you try a non permanent dye that can be washed out just for like a day to see if you actually like the color and it looks good on you. Then if you like it and want to really dye it go to a salon do not dye it yourself. Also if you want to go back to your regular hair color buy a dye that is close to the same color and just wait for your hair to grow out.

ps. Use shampoos and conditioners specifically made for dyed hair.

Have Fun and good Luck!

Dying your hair is kinda like shaving your legs.

A LOT of people do it, some dont.

Its quite normal; but once you start you have to continue doing it unless you let it grow out or go back to your natural color. Like with shaving, it grows faster and thicker.

See the similarities?

If you want to do it, do it.

I went from blond to red my first time too- it turned out pretty good. Since then I've gone brown, black, blue, etc, etc. Its really fun, actually.

But while you're dying your hair the worst thing to do is get it on your neck and forehead, so you HAVE to put conditioner or petrolium jelly on the places it might get to. And if you do get dye stains on your skin, rinse it IMMEDIATLY first with water, then rub conditioner on it.

Good luck hun! (:

But natural blondes are rare nowadays! If you really wanna go through with it, find a blonde dye that matches your hair color before hand, so that when you do decide to switch back, you'll be able to let it grow out without it looking weird.

Since ur a blonde and wanna go red I would recommend coloring it w/ a semi-permanent shade of strawberry blonde or light auburn for starters... Then as that grows on u, u can up the ante to a true red. .. Have fun!!!.

go for it if you really want it...also if you dye your hair, you can never stop. it will look terrible if you stop! you wont get your real natural hair color back. and if your doing it at home it might look bad but if you do it at a salon, it gets really pricey. also dyeing strips you hair of oils so you need a really good hydrating champoo specifically made for dyed hair.

GL!

I would go ahead and do it if you really want to. Most all women color their hair now, so who cares and who wants their natural color to 'come back' anyway....I sure don't.

Source(s): Hairstylist 15 yrs http://www.beautygoddessonline.com