Grew up in Chicago and now leaving for 8-24 months..Where would you eat your last few meals?

I am leaving and will be living off little more then oats, rice, beans so i am trying to max out on some great food....i have 2 more dinners before i head out and need some ideas of some horrible food to indulge.

Giordano's and Portillos are top contenders.....

Any other ideas??

Thanks Nikki P....

I think you about summed up the best....my problem is i only have 2 more dinners....maybe i will have to eat bad for lunch too so i can get in 4 meals....

Galen...you serious?? I never heard of that place and i cant find anything on it....

Is it in Greektown???

• Favorite Answer

"my problem is i only have 2 more dinners....maybe i will have to eat bad for lunch too so i can get in 4 meals...."

LOL...that is funny ;p

I know you say you want to eat bad, but you seriously have to check out Borrowed Earth. I'll bet the conversation you have with the owners is even better than the food (if that is possible lol).

http://www.borrowedearthcafe.com/5.html

If you want to eat something truly sinful then just get one of their cheesecakes or pies. Last time I was there I got the chocolate strawberry pie and it was divine...lol how something can be divine and sinful at the same time I am not sure. Of their entrees I really like the planet pizza and lasagna, but I bet you would like the quesadilla...don't ask me why but I just think you'd like it best.

Love and blessings

Edit:

P.S. Dear Love One Another, I love you.

Love,

Love

Hhehehe I am pretty sure that is the coolest note I've ever written. I am getting so slap happy goofy...must go to sleep soon. lol Don't worry about it. :)

(((((hugs))))))

Edit:

lol...now where did your answer go? haha now I look like I am just talking to myself :))

Tough choice to make. but I think I would do:

1. Portillo's go with a friend and get an Italian Beef and a Hot Dog. You may have to split these cuz you're gonna be busy in the next few days.

2. Edwardo's get the spinach and Cheese pizza.

3. Lou Malnatti's deep dish no question about that!

4. Any one of Rick Bayless' places, just because he is such a Chicago icon.

5. If you like super fancy and can get into Alinia then ya gotta go there just because it is here.

6 I love Heaven on Seven, the original place at 111 N Wabash. Seventh floor of the Garland Building. Have to get the Gumbo and a Cheddar Jalapeno Corn Muffin. any of the sandwiches are great if you want something else but I am just happy with the gumbo and muffin.

If you can't get it all in go for the Portillo's and the Pizza from either Lou Malnatti's or Edwardo's. By the way don't forget to have a bite of Eli's Cheesecake for dessert.

All the rest of the places will still be here when you get back and everything will taste so much better.

If you are going to eat "bad" for lunch also why stop there? Nothing wrong with a pepper and egg for breakfast. Only be able to get that today in most places though (Friday). And as far as I know I have only seen a pepper and egg sandwich in the Chicago area. By the way you don't have to eat all this alone, invite a friend and split the food, that way you can "squeeze" in more indulgences in the time you have.

Lou Mitchell's for breakfast or lunch.

Greek Islands in Greek town

Maxwell st original hot dog stands (Jim's or the Original). Open 24/7 so you don't even need to waste a mealtime here.

Any restaurant for Dim Sum in Chinatown (10am-4pm)

Junk food (ie elephant ears) at Navy Pier

Drinks at the John Hancock. I think they still give you free access to the observation deck if you buy a drink at the lower bar.

Barbara Anne's way southside for BBQ

Have fun!

Try out Smoque BBQ. It was even featured on the Food Network "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives." It was wonderfully yummy food. The prices are very reasonable. Very popular place with locals in the know. We drove about 45 miles just to eat there and have gone back since. Smoque is BYOB. So, feel free to bring along a cold one (or two), or any other libation that suits you.

3800 N PULASKI. TWO BLOCKS SOUTH OF IRVING PARK RD | PHONE 773-545-7427

OPEN TUESDAY-THURSDAY 11AM-9PM, FRIDAY-SATURDAY 11AM-10PM, SUNDAY 11AM-9PM, CLOSED MONDAY

• Galen

The Acropolis

I favour sushi. It makes me feel like I did something right when I eat it.

Clarks'

A wonderfully delightful greasy spoon....

I can't help it...I love it!