My laptop charger has stopped charging my laptop battery? What's happened?

Its stopped charging it, and I had an error sign come up that the charger wont charge the battery unless I change the battery. Is my battery about to die? I had the laptop plugged in all day today....would that have caused it?

• Aase
    Best Answer

Ok, unplug charger, remove battery, plug charger back in and switch on, if your computer works of main power supply, then yes your battery can no longer hold a charge and needs replaced.

And no leaving it in all day would not have caused it.

Hi !IHaveABabyGirl!,

If you try to turn your laptop on with the charger (with the battery removed) does it turn on? If it does the you would need a new battery. If you try and it doesn't work, then it means the charger is dead. TopMic has great chargers (google them) if you need a new charger. If you need a new battery, google your laptop model to find batteries online.

If it was plugged in all day, it wouldn't do a lot of damage but if it was like that everyday and every time you had it on, it would.

Good luck! I hope I helped!

Source(s): Personal experience

Hi there,

check all your connections. Wall outlet to charger and charger to the laptop.

They should be secure (not loose).

Plug a lamo into the same socket your charger is plugged into to make sure there is power at the outlet.

If you have power at the socket and your connections are secure then the battery is probably bad.

It is also possible the charger itself has stopped working....but not as likely.

To be really sure you will need to take your laptop and charger to a shop where they can check everything out.

Hope this helps,

Al

mine did the same! jiggleing the pin worked for a while, but eventually had to buy a new charger from Comet.

• Sal*UK

Doubtful.

Try jiggling the pin where it goes into the lappy - probably a loose connection there.