MIL says "store bought" vitamins are worthless...?

She says "store bought" or "synthetic" vitamins are not good for a child. They don't have anything the body REALLY needs and are not easily absorbed in the body. She wants me to give the kids this liquid vitamin she gets at online, I'd have to give it several times a... show more She says "store bought" or "synthetic" vitamins are not good for a child. They don't have anything the body REALLY needs and are not easily absorbed in the body. She wants me to give the kids this liquid vitamin she gets at online, I'd have to give it several times a day...

DISCLAIMER: I have done NO research on vitamins. I'm starting here with other people's opinions. I know nothing about vitamins except that all the pediatricians I've ever seen and the pharmacist good friend I have say store vitamins are fine.

My MIL does her research ONLINE.... I have had to explain to her NUMEROUS times that just because something is online, does NOT make it a legit scientific experience. She's emailed me SOOOO many "articles/studies/scientific journals" over the years that are just CRAP. They are NOT scientist, the research is skewed, and it was the only "research" of it's kind that I could find....and again it was NOT a scientific study done by a legit college/medical hospital/or any other conventional scientists...

So, what are your thoughts on vitamins? She kind of already has a strike against her in my book, so I'm hesitant to believe her on this topic.

In case you are curious, here is the vitamin she wants me to give the kids.

http://www.intramax.org/