Can you cite me the name of some Black inventors?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

A

George Alcorn - Nathaniel Alexander - Virgie Ammons

B

Benjamin Banneker - Janet Emerson Bashen - Patricia Bath - Andrew Jackson Beard - Miriam E. Benjamin - Edmond Berger - Henry Blair - Bessie Blount - Sarah Boone - Otis Boykin - Charles Brooks - Phil Brooks - Henry Brown - Marie Brown - Robert Bryant - John Albert Burr

C

George Washington Carver - George Carruthers - Benjamin S. Carson - Emmett W. Chappelle - John Christian - Donald Cotton - David Crosthwait

D

Mark Dean - Ronald Demon - Joseph Hunter Dickinson - Clatonia Joaquin Dorticus - Charles Richard Drew

E

Thomas Elkins - Philip Emeagwali

F

G

Sarah E. Goode - Meredith C. Gourdine - George Grant

H, I

Lloyd Augustus Hall - Joycelyn Harrison

J

Augustus Jackson - Thomas L. Jennings - Jack Johnson - Lonnie Johnson - Willis Johnson Frederick Jones - Marjorie Stewart Joyner - Percy Lavon Julian - Everett Just

K

Roscoe Koontz

L

Lewis Howard Latimer - Joseph Lee -John Lee Love

M

Jan Ernst Matzeliger - Elijah McCoy - Alexander Miles - Ruth Miro - Garrett Morgan

N, O

Lyda Newman

P, Q

Alice Parker - Traverse Benjamin Pinn - Willam Purvis

R

Lloyd P Ray - Cordell Reed - Louis Roberts - Norbert Rillieux

S

Walter Sammons - Henry Sampson - Jerry Shelby - Richard Spikes - John Standard - Thomas Stewart - Rufus Stokes

T, U, V

Lewis Temple Valerie Thomas -John Henry Thompson

W, X, Y, Z

Madame Walker - James Edward West -John Thomas White - Doctor Daniel Hale Williams - Paul E. Williams - Joseph Winters - Granville Woods - Stanley Woodard - Kevin Woolfolk

• 1 decade ago

The is only one Black "inventor" ....... the rest are made-up by the NAACP , al sharpton , jesse jackson and the like !! This site debunks the "Black Inventor" myth with the names of the REAL inventors !!

http://www33.brinkster.com/iiiii/inventions/

Back to the lonely "one Black inventor" ..........

Rochester Byrnes Williamson (1897 - 1988) , a resident of Maryland , invented the Nose Hair Trimmer when he was 34 years old . It was an instant success which netted him almost $60,000 ....... a princely sum in the `30`s ........... especially for a Black !

When he was 88 years of age , he met and married the former Edna Freebish ....... a White 22 year old stripper from Schenectady , after a short whirlwind courtship .

Edna spent Rochester`s fortune on lavish clothing , drinking , and gambling .......... and when the money was gone , so was Edna !!

Rochester died completely broke on july 17th , 1988 .

The funeral was attended by only 3 people ......... his Butcher ..... a Tax Collecter , and an old lady who wandered in by mistake ...............

• 1 decade ago

Google Black Inventions.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Can you cite me the names of ALL Black inventors? Not just some!

Source(s): @white knight-stfu! Why are you worried about me? The dumb bytch is the one who had you along with this hoogie who ask this question!
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I work in a library and we have books SPECIFICALLY on black inventors. They're somewhere in the 620s, if you wanna go to your local and look it up.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There are none. The below link is about black invention myths.

http://www33.brinkster.com/iiiii/inventions/

• 1 decade ago

Afrocentric historical revisionists...

• Joker
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

A black guy invented peanut butter. Thats about it I think.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

aunt jemima invented pancakes and uncle ben invented rice.

• 1 decade ago

Candi, why don't you post them you dumb b*tch? you're the one always talkin about how great blacks are and how bad whites are.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.