? asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Radical Islam vs Zionism - Which is a greater threat of America?

The problem here is that very few people understand that Zionism is not the same thing as Judaism. Not all Jews are Zionists, and not all Zionists are Jews. Judaism is a religion, while Zionism is a political movement. We are daily told to feel sorry for everyone in Israel because of the Holocaust. But few people understand that the politics of Zionism claims a victimhood from the Holocaust that belongs to religious Jews, not to political Zionists. The Zionist state of Israel is supported financially, and in every other way by the United States and your tax dollars. However, Israeli culture is about 180 degrees opposite from our culture. They have racist marriage laws. They are an apartheid (more than S Africa was), they allow slavery of women as forced sex slaves. If you don't believe me about Israel, then look for yourself. The internet is full of info on Zionism. But there are two views, one pro, one con. If you have always supported the positive story of Israel, then please take a look at the other side. For starters, ask yourself why Israel never contributes soldiers to the coalition of western nations who fight wars that benefit Israel. Truly, why should you be expected to give your life in wars that benefit Israel, when Israel never contributes even one soldier? Here's a good place to start: http://en.metapedia.org/wiki/Zionism

I'd have to say Islam.

Inzain, you are aware Israel was created AFTER the two World wars? So how could that have been the cause for America's entry into WWI and II?

And from what I can see from the other parts of the world, having an Islamic neighbouring country is a terrible, terrible thing, never known a single one that was not fighting with it's neighbour. See the Philipines, Indonesia, Thailand, Israel, China, America... is there any place that Islam hasn't been violent in?

My bad, misread the wars part. But the violence part still stands, and I think you're too influenced by Liberal propoganda, Islam's killscore is near par with Christianity and the rest, it's just a backswing of anti-religiosity from the 40s hit the Western religions harder, part of a "grass greener on the other side" syndrome.

• Max50

Radical Islam

3000 dead on 9/11 caused by radical Islam vs 0 by Zionism

• Islam is and has always been a threat to humans everywhere.

As you know, "radical Zionism" is "so dangerous" practically no one knows what you're talking about.

I realize this IS the best you can do but it's a pretty lame attempt to equate the two.

Let's see, 1.2 billion Muslims vs. 13 million Jews. A religion which as been spread at the point of a sword since it's inception, vs. a religion that has endured 4000 years of prejudice, hatred, and attempted extinction. A religion who stood by while some of it's followers perpatrated the worst terrorist attack in history, vs. a religion who has to constantly endure terrorist attacks by Muslims.

You make the choice. Seems pretty obvious to me.

Islam, not just the radical kind, is the biggest threat not only to the USA, but to the world.

Both. It just happens to be that more people discuss Islam's (radical or not) threat to America.

It appears to me that very few of the answers are from people that know not what Zionism is. Osama bin Laden himself said that Israel is one of the reasons 9/11 happened. If we did not blindly support that violent regime, we would not have lost 2,000+ civilian lives that day, we would not be in two wars, and the Middle East would not hate us. Abandon Zionism, and terrorist acts carried out by the extremists are minimized.

I would despise a country that allowed a bunch of thugs to take my land and kill my family, would you?

Conservatives need not answer this question because they do not know anything about the world past their city-limits. And they're gonna be thumbing this down because of their ignorance and this statement.

Daniel, I don't think you understand what two wars I am talking about. I never said two WORLD wars. Of course I know Israel didn't exist until 1948, but after its foundation we have seen hundreds of thousands of Palestinians becoming refugees, thousands being killed, and thousands of young people in the Middle East becoming militant in response to the oppression Palestinians, or they themselves, face. The wars I speak of are the ones in Iraq and Afghanistan. We would have never attacked Iraq if Israel hadn't goaded us into doing it. If Saddam had nuclear weapons, which he didn't, he would not have had the capability to send nuclear weapons to the mainland United States. Same with Iran. Neither country is or was a threat to the US... only Israel, so they get us to do their dirty work.

And more have been killed in the name of Zionism and Christianity than in the name of Islam. Read up on the actions of Zionists in Palestine during the 20th century, and you'll know what I'm talking about. Death squads were set up by them to cleanse the region of Palestinian villages so that they could build their own. Zionism is one of the most violent ideologies of today... more violent than the extremist interpretation of Islam.

I've not been influenced by "liberal propaganda" because I'm not a liberal. I know when something is politically biased, and my information is not so. Please explain how killings in the name of both religions are almost on par with each other when Christians had the Spanish Inquisition, the Crusades, the Rwandan Genocide, and the Holocaust? Not to mention the numerous other killings during the Dark Ages. Since the foundation of Israel, Zionists have also been responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent Palestinians.

I do know that the Ottomans carried out the Armenian Genocide though, but those that kill in the name of Islam or kill if people don't convert to the religion, aren't acting in the name of Islam, and are basically no longer Muslims... though they are in name.

Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things. 2:256

Source(s): I am an international affairs major.

Liberals

Considering one features adherents plotting to kill Americans on a daily basis and the other has as its centerpiece a steadfast US ally, I'll have to say radical Islam.