Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 1 decade ago

Does anyone know anything about old soapstone sinks?

My husband and I have a sink we disconnected in our basement. We thought it was concrete but were told it was actually soapstone. The bottom says "Myra Stone". I can't find anything on the internet about myra stone. Is this a company name or something? The person said people who restore old homes or like the look of these old sinks will probably pay 200 bucks for it.

So two questions basically:

1) Anyone ever hear of Myra Stone?

2) How do I even go about getting in touch with the people that want this crazy thing? I emailed some antique shops, but I'm not sure if these are the people I should even be contacting.

It's insanely heavy, so shipping it anywhere is probably out of the question.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

List it for the $200 w. all the company name and dimensions on craigslist, w. a photo if possible, and type in 'pick up, cash only' w. your contact info. That way the buyer will be local and you get cash so you won't be scammed, and the hauling is the buyer's responsibility. I have no info on the actual value, but if $200 gets it sold, go for it.

...............................................................................................................................................

• 7 years ago

I hope you didn't sell it for 200, because someone just took advantage of you. Old soapstone sinks are worth thousands, if i were you I'd reinstall that sink because its 100 times better than anything you'll find on the market today.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.