Christians,Jehovah witness,Catholics,Protestants: Who was Jesus..a Muslim or a Christian ?

Literally, the word " Muslim " means "one who submits (to God)" -Wikipedia

Now look at the words of Jesus

"I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge; and my judgment is just; because

I seek not my own will, but the will of the

Father, which hath sent me". John 14:24

Any person who says ..I seek not my own will but the will of Almighty God , is called Muslim in Arabic.

Therefore we find not only Jesus but many prophets used to worship like Muslims

Take off shoes before entering mosque.Exodus 3:5 Acts 7:33

Ablution (wudu) Exodus 40:31-32 Acts 21:26

Sujud – Prostration Genesis 17:3; Numbers 20:6 Joshua 5:14; Mathew 26:39

Saum (Fasting) Mathew 17:21 Mark 9:29

Significance of Kaaba in Psalms 84:4-7

Jesus using the word "Muslim" in Luke 6:40 http://www.answering-christianity.com/luke6_40.htm

( look at the words in Original Aramaic, the language of Jesus)

therefore Jesus Christ will not recognize the Christians according to Bible.

Mathew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

who claim miracles in Jesus names ?

to whom Jesus will say .. depart from me, ye that work iniquity. ??

Only a true Christian could claim such miracles according to Christians.

Our(Muslims) opinion is.. Jesus was a Muslim like Adam,Ibrahim,Moses & Muhammad. What is your opinion in the light of religious scripture ?

Note: Prophet Mohammad was not the founder of Islam but the last and final messenger of Allah.Similarly Quran was the last and final book revealed by Allah.But the main message of Allah was the same since Adam. And that was to worship One Almighty God without associating partners to Him.

Must view my previous question in order to get what i am saying http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Au5ts...

he was a Jew by tribe

He was a Muslim like Abraham .what about Abraham ?Abraham was neither a Jew nor a Christian.He was a Muslim

"You people of the book, why dispute you about Abraham, when the Law (of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus),were not revealed till after him?. Have you no understanding? Ah! You are those who fell into disputing (even) in matters of which you had some knowledge. But why dispute you in matters of which you have no knowledge?. It is Allah who knows and you know not. Abraham was not a Jew, nor yet a Christian, but he was one true in faith. and bowed his will to Allah's,(which is Islam, submission to the will of God), and he joined no gods with Allah (God)".(chapter Al Imran 3v65-67).

that is the standard definition of Muslim ..To submit will to (Allah).Get dictionary and enlighten yourself with knowledge.

Poя¢єℓαιη Vєssєℓ: Adam had the same. And Adam had born without father and mother there.

@ All : if Abraham was a Muslim and surely Abraham was a Muslim .then how could Jesus be any thing else ?

Because Abraham was neither a Jew nor a Christian.

vessel: Jesus is still in the heaven .But there are billions of Muslim worshiping One almighty Allah.Similarly before Jesus ,Abraham & all other prophets who worshiped like Muslims (See. verses of Bible.i cited ) and submitted their will to one Almighty God were the Muslims.

@ grey: u first answer the questions i raised in http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Arzz4...

Best Answer

Meaning of Muslim "One who submits his will to God" and Jesus was a Muslim.

"For i have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me" [John 6:38]

• truth4 years agoReport

Jesus forgives sins and so He is God.

I don't think you can reason whether Jesus was muslim based solely on the fact that he submits to god, because many people submit to gods. That doesn't make it the same god or the right god. Personally, I cannot see how the muslim god is the same as the one from the bible. I base this on the fact that they contradict each other on basic teachings.

As I understand it, muslims refute the bible because it is corrupted. Yet they also think the bible is given by God or Allah to jews and christians. They are Allah's guide to the children of israel. Jews preserved God's word, the old and new testament were indeed given to mankind as a guide. I understand muslims are commanded to believe the bible, and following the bible would cause you to be admitted to paradise. Now the koran states that jews and christians utterly failed to follow their books, but nowhere does it say that the bible itself is corrupted. People are corrupted. Not the bible.

Now, this is where it gets tricky. If you believe in the bible, it states that Jesus is God, that he atoned for our sins by dying at the cross. Jesus is the only way to heaven, he is the only truth. He's not just a prophet. He died for us.

Islam teaches us differently. Jesus didn't die on a cross, and he was just a prophet.

BOTH can't be true. You have to choose. What I find difficult is to reconcile the fact that the koran states the bible itself is Allah's word, and the he plainly contradicts it. He "changes" his mind, if you will. I don't see a perfect plan being executed in the koran. One of Jesus' last words on the cross is "it is finished!". This means God's revelation also is finished. God's work for mankind is done until he comes back. Jesus finished it right there at the cross. No more extra work is needed. God's plan has been revealed. There is no need for a new prophet.

-

Thanks for the links provided!

• You are committing an exegetical fallacy. If you define "Muslim" as anyone who submits to God, then you can define people of many different religions as "Muslims." But you are giving only one definition of what it means to be a Muslim.

Jesus was not a Christian -- Christians are believers in and followers of Christ -- but his religiion was Judaism.

Abraham was a Hebrew, later they were called Jews after the name of the most prominent tribe, Judah.

But a Muslim is more than one who submits to God, otherwise you would call us all brothers. A Muslim is someone who accepts Muhammad as the last prophet.

By that better definition, someone who accepts Muhammad as the last prophet, neither Abraham nor Jesus was a Muslim.

Source(s): The HOLY Bible

Jesus was a Jew. He lived according to "The Law."

Christians are followers of Jesus. Christianity was originally considered a sect of judaism.

Jesus was not a Muslim since He was around before Islam.

Surely Jesus submitted to God. This is not in doubt.

However, Jesus is Jewish.

If you define Muslim by their customs and traditions, then Jesus did not face Mecca while he prayed, he did not fast during Ramadan, or do other traditions Muslims currently do.

He obeyed Jewish customs as handed down by God to Moses. He also identified himself with the Jewish people.

So based on the three faiths Judaism - Christianity - Islam, Jesus woud look like and act very much like a Jew for he was one.

• RG

You sir are a liar.

The most reputable historians and scholars view Islam as having been founded around 610-622 AD by Muhammad. Jesus could not have been a Muslim since Islam did not exist at the time.

• ?

He had Jewish blood, he was a descendant of David. That's why he's called υἱός δαυιδ (son of David) υἱός Ἀβραάμ (son of Abraham). He was also a practicing Jew, he celebrated Hanukkah in John 10, and he fulfilled the Law.

Abraham was the father of the Israelites, he was not a Muslim. Abraham believed in El Shaddai

Oh btw, the Gospel was originally in Greek and Jesus spoke Aramaic, Hebrew and Greek, the word in Luke 6:40 is pronounced: OaMSHaMLaYaA, that sounds nothing like "Muslim". I looked it up in the Aramaic Lexicon, I can not find the word "Muslim" in the Bible.

@NewlyBorn-wow you're not very bright are you?

this argument is mere semantics and an attempt to revise history.

maybe technically he falls under the definition of being a submitter to god, this is no more valid than when the jehovah's witnesses claim that jesus was one of them because he witnessed for jehovah.

the truth is that jesus never made shahada. he is no more a muhammadan than he is a watchtowerite.

why would we take muhammads words over those of jesus himself?

isa ibn maryam spoke in the cradle. he clapped his hands and made clay birds fly. these stories are from a 2nd century work of fiction called the gospel of the infancy. so if we know these stories are but fiction, when we see them included in the quran we know that it too is fiction.

jesus is the christ. he had no religion, he came to show us how to have a relationship with the father.

Coincidence. Major religions in the same day and age are bound to have some similar values. Jesus was born Jewish and would had little exposure to Islam, especially as Islam did not exist while he was alive. The fact that he is thought by Christians to be the founder of Christianity would also imply that it would be difficult to convince them that he was a Muslim. This proves literally nothing except that Christianity and Islam have some common values.

Jesus was Jewish

There were no Muslims ( Mussulmans)until Mohammed(PBUH)

if by Muslim you mean "one who submits[to God]' then wew Christians believe that we are the "full Muslims" and Jews believe that they are those submitted to God

• C

Jesus was neither a Muslim or a Christian.

Jesus was a Jew by birth.

Christan's are the name we that follow him as the Son of God and part of the trinity.

Muslims were not around until 600 years later.

Peace!

Source(s): It is just the fact, Jack!