*[annie. asked in TravelItalyVenice · 9 years ago

Study abroad for 6 weeks in Venice, Italy or Paris, France?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

Who say that you are out of things to do in Venice after a couple of weeks does know a damn nothing about the city, in a couple of day you get just a glimpse of a city that was the capital of a millennium long lasting republic.

But for study... Study what ?

Maybe Padua, who as an University older than la Sorbonne in Paris (A.D. 1222 vs A.D. 1253) could give you a bit more than Venice in this subject, except for architecture.

If you want to study the place, no doubt, go in Venice. Paris is a beautiful biiig city like many others. Venice has no equal. Is not a city with channels. Is a city build on small islands and on the water ('aqua edificabile' they called it, water you can build upon). The closest thing I've seen is Amsterdam, but Amsterdam still has roads and car.

• 9 years ago

Either one is a great opportunity to see a beautiful city. It can also depend on exactly when you're going because there are some special events every year at certain times. for example, in Venice there's Carnevale (February - March), Il Redentore (July), the Historical Regatta & Venice Film Festival (September) or many other events during the year. Next year, the Biennale will be running and that always has interesting art installations. Paris has it's own events as well. You might check the festivals, exhibitions and events for the dates you'll be in the city here: http://www.whatsonwhen.com/sisp/index.htm

Both have great food and opportunities to explore outside the boundaries of the city while you're here. From Venice, it's only a couple of hours to Florence on the fast trains and Bologna, Verona, Padova, Ferrara and other places are even closer. Rome is an easy trip for a weekend. There's also a night train between Venice and Paris which would allow you to stay in one and visit the other for a weekend easily. If you buy tickets in advance to take advantage of the discounted "smart fare", you can get a berth in a 4 bed compartment for as low as 45 euro and sleep through the night en route. Vienna is also an easy trip from Venice on the night train. http://www.ferroviedellostato.it/homepage_en.html

From Paris, you coupld pretty easily visit Brussels, Amsterdam, or other points in France using the trains.

Assuming the accademics are roughly equivalent (academics should be the first criterion), you need to decide what you're looking for. If nightlife is important to you, then Paris is the place to go. Paris is also the larger city.

• 9 years ago

You will run out of things to do in Venice after 1 or 2 days. Paris has a lot more to offer!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

It depends on your lifestyle. If you don't mind walking everywhere, go to venice! i lived there once for 4 weeks and I loved it, it was great!

Very, very different lifestyle from North Americans, though.

I have been to both cities and personally I find Venice much cooler.

• Paris,France obviously.

• 9 years ago

Italy it has beautiful places to see and many things to learn about

• 9 years ago

venice, italy

i'd love to go to paris as well, but i see it as more of a romantic place to go with my guy

italy is so interesting, and i would love to learn there

• 9 years ago

Paris is the best

• 9 years ago

Go to the one that you speak the language better, it will make life a lot easier

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.