Cost per mile: Gas vs Electric cars?

First, I do NOT want a "here's the cost of the electricity used and here's the cost of gasoline used". I can find that on Google. What I want to know the ACTUAL overall cost per mile for the consumer over the expected life of the vehicle. This involves initial purchase price for similar... show more First, I do NOT want a "here's the cost of the electricity used and here's the cost of gasoline used". I can find that on Google. What I want to know the ACTUAL overall cost per mile for the consumer over the expected life of the vehicle. This involves initial purchase price for similar vehicles, maintenance costs (oil changes, battery replacement, repairs etc.), fuel costs, current insurance estimates, potential government incentives...EVERYTHING.
My theory is that electric cars will not really catch on until this number convinces the consumer they can actually SAVE money by going electric. I'd take the time to research this myself, but I can honestly barely take the time to write the question right now...my curiosity however is killing me. Anyone up to the task? Or anyone know of a thorough report that addresses this? I have the feeling that the results will be surprisingly ridiculous in favor of gasoline cars at this point.