Fasting diet? Does it work?

i've read other answers, and the one thing that stuck out on me was "once you stop, you gain it all back. well no duh.

i'm going to fast anyway, but i want to know is if, when it come to stopping the fast, is you slowly ween yourself off the liquid and back into normal healthy food, like you would ween off medication, would it help keep it off? would exercise plans also help? basically, i'm asking if there's any way possible to prevent or slow down the gaining back of the weight long enough to reach a constant weight ?

also, for those of you who tell me not to fast and try to tell me that exercise and healthy food is all i need, tell me when and how i can do that when i have a mother who fills the house with tempting food, cooks unhealthy food, i live nowhere near a gym, and there's nothing but old people around me (not even a park to walk to!), when i'm feeling so demotivated and exhausted i just want to give up on everything? hmmm? tell me how to change my thought process if your so convinced that i can do it the old fashion way.

no rant intended, but i've Tried the old fashion way. it doesn't work for me. i'm schizophrenic and depressed, so motivation and tracking time goes out the window.

if your still convinced that i shouldn't fast, what other ways are there?

((Extra: i can't stop my mother from making unhealthy food, she rules the house-and the stove. i'm 16, so i can't move out. the closest place to me that i'd even think about walking to is the library-which is over five miles away probably more since the main way to get there is a highway. i live in a settlement of old people T-T at least no ones yelled at me to get off their yawn....))

*facepalm* how many of you actually read the entire question? i can spy at least one who didn't. i don't know why i even try sometimes.

Favorite Answer

Fad diets, starvation diets, fasting, and diet pills do not work. Any diet that is temporary will only produce results that are temporary at best.

Losing fat any faster than about 4 lbs a week is impossible. Any additional weight you might lose would either be water weight, or your muscle atrophying.

The only way to lose fat is a complete lifestyle change where you stop doing what made you obese in the first place and adopt healthy eating and exercise habits for the rest of your life, such as:

1. Eat about 6 small complete meals throughout the day (fish, almonds, walnuts, and lean proteins in general, plenty of raw fruits and vegetables, and complex multigrain carbohydrates) spaced out about every 2-3 hours. Consume between 1500-2500 calories a day.

2. Do NOT starve yourself, do NOT binge eat.

3. Be as active as you can; nothing to do for 10 minutes? Knock out 10 push-ups.

4. Eat some spicy foods; take a decent amount of vitamin C, and drink between a half-gallon and a whole gallon of WATER a day. Avoid anything deep-fried, white bread, sprinkles, and any refined sugar.

5. No more soda. Ever.

6. If you do drink coffee, drink it black.

7. Do at least 35 minutes of cardio straight at least once a day, at least three times a week, more if you are not trying to put on muscle.

8. Do a large amount of full body exercises whenever possible (Jumping Jacks, Pull-ups, Chin ups, dips, squats, hanging leg raises, hanging knee raises, back raises, glute ham raises, burpees)

9. Get at least 6 hours of sleep a night, but no more then 9.

10. Here is the most important part: STICK TO IT!

You can feel free to email me with any questions or comments.

ok, where to start.

THE FAST

i've done it for 14 days, its killer. i'll be honest, its the hardest thing in the world to do on the first 3-4 days. especially with your mom having all those snacks in the house, you will really be tempted. and you'll probably break fast a few times before you get it right. also, you'll will get really grouchy and emotional as this will be one of hardest things you will be putting your body through, you are starving it, and the reaction won't be pretty. during the fast your face will break out aswell. this is all apart of the detox part of the fast. by the end of it your face will look better and so will your body. :]

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE/AFTER FAST

so doing it for 14 days was tough (already said that) but halfway through i adapted and wasn't bothered by it anymore. it total i had lost about 14lbs. and i could deff see a difference. i also had a personal trainer at the time. after the fast i kept with my personal trainer for a while and tried to keep up at the gym. didn't work out so well. but by the end of it i had gone from i think 145lbs to 130lbs. once i had food back in my system i was atroung 136lbs, and i've pretty much stayed that weight ever since, and tis been 2 yeras now. mind you for the last year i stoppped taking walks and kept on eating more crap as a result of my final year of uni and stress and i've gone right back to the high 140's. not pleased, so as we speak i'm detoxing all over again. :]

some people agree, some people don't you may like it, you may not. its all a learning experience. all i suggest you do is after the detox make healtheir choices with foods and try to take long walks.

hope this was useful x

lol - sorry, you want "excuses"? how's this:

i live on a dirt road in the middle of thousands of acres of crown land. i live with my mother AND i have a 3-1/2yr old daughter; a 70lb hyperactive, hyperintelligent border collie; it's a half-hour drive to the nearest *anything* - i mean *anything* - and i have no car. i have osteoarthritis in my right hip from one of three serious accidents that fractured my hip socket and i didn't know (just knew i couldn't walk without agony for months after each time) and in my left knee from compensating for my right hip. i have no city treated water - our water is pumped from the river into a 330gal tank and then the jet pump supplies the house from the tank. i have no internet. no central heat or even electrical heat - i have to buy wood and then cut it with a chainsaw and split it with an axe. my mom is constantly buying crap food which i don't want my daughter eating since obesity runs in the family.

i am still improving my fitness and slowly losing weight - how? i pack my daughter in the stroller, i leash up the dog, and i walk.

i am up to 10.22km a day (that's 6.35 miles) and i don't eat after 10pm (usually go to bed around 1am or 2, back up at 6:30).

that's EVERY DAY - i've missed 1-1/2 walks since the middle of september when i resumed my walking routine, two days after i took third place in a strongman competition.

each month, i'll be adding to and refining my workouts - i'll be adding skiing and biking (i can get the equipment for next to nothing from a charity shop in the next town), GPP (general physical preparedness, iow, dragging a mofo heavy sled up and down the road), rubber bands for resistance training, etc.

back in the day, when i was full-blast into bodybuilding, i had to eat 4500cal/day just to avoid losing any more weight (i was 125, waist was about 24").

unless you're a quadriplegic strapped to a bed, there simply is no reason you can't lose weight and improve your fitness.

Dont Fast. You'll actually gain weight, become very tired, etc. It's very stupid.

You'll gain weight because Your body will have no food to store as energy so it will use fat. The next thing you eat will be stored as FAT, not ENERGY. So you'll actually gain weight.

And you'll become tired because you'll have no energy intake from not eating. No vitamins or minerals...etc.

Eat snacks at your home bofore going to party

• Landon

get off your *** 33 times to change the channel

find the right diet for your individual body because there are many ways are there to lose weight just find what works for you

• Violet

take a 30 second break in the middle of your meal evaluate just how hungry you still are before getting back to your food

distracted dining will get you in trouble avoid eating in front of a television or in a movie theater as you re bound to consume more calories

if your lifestyle or career includes a lot of socializing out at dinners or drinks start scheduling workout dates with friends co workers or even clients