.
. asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTeen & Preteen · 10 years ago

TEENAGERS: What are your thoughts & views on traditional roles of both females & males?

Do you agree or disagree with them?

Like thanksgiving for example, traditionally it's the woman that cooks the turkey, but the man gets the first piece of the turkey.

That just doesn't make sense to me, especially because it's the woman that worket her as* off making that turkey and not the man, it makes more sense that she gets the first piece of the turkey and not the man, or better yet have the man help her cook the turkey after all he's going to eat the turkey too so he might as well help to cook it too.

I'm sorry if I seem a little mad when I gave that example, I'm simply just questioning things like traditions, traditional roles, religion, things that more and more people should question too.

Do you celebrate thanksgiving in your family or not?

& How old are you today?

• Macey
    Favorite Answer

Obviously I believe in gender equality in the workplace and such, but turkey doesn't seem to be a big deal to me. I don't think too many people still do that 'man eats first' business.

We do celebrate thanksgiving, but not religiously. My dad actually makes the turkey, my mom makes the sides. Nobody eats first, we just dig in. :D

I'm 14, almost 15!

I am about choice

I know some that choose to follow these rules and if that is how they like there life then that is fine. I will not judge them as long as it is their choice to live that way

Me personally i think a relationship should be equal when i cool dinner my boyfriend always offers to wash up, sometimes i let him othertimes i am more then happy to do it as he is very considerate, when i get home from work he makes me a cup of tea and some toast.

And so on he stayed with me for a week recently and i done a lot of the work because i choose to it was not expected from me and i think that is important

i think people always take on certain roles but they may not be the traditional roles.

In the UK we do not celebrate thanksgiving. so no i will not be celebrating it

I am 18 years 2 months and 7 days old :)

I'm not from America so i dont celebrate thanksgiving so i wasnt aware of that, but now that i am im kind of angered. I find traditional roles ridiculous, obviously if a person naturally fits into one id accept them as they are but most people dont, most people are trained to obey them, often putting on an act, i despise this and am repulsed by it.

I don't agree with them. Why should I be subjected to certain roles because I'm a woman? Besides, my dad is the one who cooks dinner and my grandmother gets the first slice of turkey.

• ?

I don't really believe in gender roles or the gender divide, there's no significant difference between a man and a woman. (Besides the basic anatomy)

My family does celebrate Thanksgiving, and I'm 15.

I disagree

I never celebrate it

i'm exactly 16 1/2 today

yep thay are unfair but things arnt like tha any more thank god usuallly my dad cookes the turkey and me and my bro ususallt fight for the first pice

yes we do

and im 13

• Hahaha we celebrate thanksgiving, but it's one of the only days my dad doesn't cook, my mom usually buys duck and brisket from gelsons. then we stick our fav soda in fancy glasses, and eat our gelsons meal. i'm 13.

I disagree.

I don't.

I'm 14.

I disagree

indeedydo

15