Music Man asked in HealthMental Health · 10 years ago

for doctors only, or anyone that knows about Sertraline (Zoloft) and ROCD?

Hi everyone

i have been on Sertaline for about 7 weeks now, only on the low dosage of 50mg per day (1 tablet)

i`m in England to anyone whose across the pond in USA, its called Zoloft over there i think?

ive felt a bit more relaxed and at ease from taking it, but its worn off and i feel terrible everyday at the moment, almost like whats the point when i feel like a Zombie

i have Relationship OCD and Anxiety Issues, very very badly! its ruining my life but i have a wonderful new partner who supports me through everything and its what's keeping me going

i have my good and bad days when i feel happy and glad i`m with someone so nice and other days when i`m terrified and my OCD is quite nasty and i feel like i want to end it to relieve the anxiety and panic

have had this all my life, its very exhausting and not very nice for the partner on the other end, have ended 2 or 3 relationships because of it and many more before that

i`m aged 36 and Male and have felt this way since the age of 21 or so, i just want to feel normal like everyone else and be happy

i saw my doctor and he has upped my Sertraline from 50mg to 100mg, i have now been on the 100mg Dosage of Sertraline (ZOLOFT) for 26 days, i dont feel my depression has been helped, neither my Relationship OCD, i keep getting hot flushes and also feel a bit more anxiety and feel a bit panicky and on edge........ is this normal? i was thinking of asking to go up from 100mg to 150mg or 200mg, will this help do you think??

thoughts?

Favorite Answer

Of course everyone reacts to different to meds., but I have been on zoloft for almost a year now for my panic disorder, and I experience the same thing as you. I started off on 25mg and now take 200mg and like you each time my dosage was raised I felt better for a week or two and then I would go back to the way I was. I going to talk to my doctor about changing meds., because I really don't feel that Zoloft works for me. Good Luck and keep up the fight!

Source(s): Personal experience

I started on 50 mg of zoloft maybe about a year ago. I had the same reaction and I went into a psychosis. Zoloft made me very out of touch. Then i tried celexa and it worked well for my anxiety and depression. Give it a try..it definetly beats the zoloft ..man that stuff is no good

mine needed to be upgraded cause it wasn't helping my social anxiety that much

Source(s): life