Severus Snape's Birthday?

How come Snape's birthday is on the 9th of January? Does JK Rowling has made any reference about it in the book?

Thanks

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Human
    Lv 6
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Robina, it was on harypotter.wikia and even Rowling said so on her interviews.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Professor Severus Snape (9 January, 1960 – 2 May, 1998) was Potions master (1981–1996), Defence Against the Dark Arts professor (1996–1997 school year), and Headmaster (1997–1998 school year) of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Snape played an important role in the war against Voldemort, though he did so covertly and at great personal risk.

Snape is the surname of a family with both Muggle and magical members. In modern times, they resided in a house on Spinner's End. Mr. and Mrs. Evans and their daughters Petunia and Lily lived nearby. The Snapes are related to the pure-blood Prince family.

Sometime before 1960, pure-blood witch Eileen Prince married Muggle Tobias Snape. They had one child, half-blood wizard Severus Snape. The marriage seemed to be unhappy, as they lived in near-destitution, frequently argued, and were neglectful of their son.

The above comes from the Harry Potter Wiki page, and it footnotes the date as coming from HP and the Half-Blood Prince as well as HP & the Deathly Hallows. I haven't checked the original, but I'll keep that in mind the next time I read the books.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

as far as i know there is no mention of his birthday in any of the books except the half blood prince when Hermione finds that little article in the library about his mum Iline Prince marrying a muggle and having a son maed severus snape.

I don't think it mentioned the birth date.

How did u come to find it?

• 4 years ago

Severus Snape, Imelda Staunton and I all share the same birthday! Love it!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

I don't think she does; it's just the day he was born.

• Josy
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

severus snapebirthday

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

That was just his birthday. It doesn't mean anything, J.K Rowling just gave him a random date for his birthday.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I think it's very significant as to why he hated Harry.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

no,there is no reference about it in the book.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.