Jack Conway Pulls Within Two Points Of Rand Paul In Kentucky Senate Fight. Do you think he can win? Why?

Update:

RealClearPolitics:

Jack Conway, Kentucky's Democratic Attorney General, has pulled within two points of Republican Rand Paul in the Kentucky Senate race, according to the latest poll from SurveyUSA.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I live in Kentucky and we have some real extremists here. I think it will be a close race. I predict Conway will carry the larger metropolitan areas and Paul will carry western Kentucky and eastern Kentucky. The fact that he will carry Eastern Kentucky is quite comical as a huge portion of the Appalachian population there is on some type of public support and entitlement programs. Paul is adamant about doing away with social programs. He is not really a Republican more of a Libertarian. I think we have suffered enough with Bunning and McConnell in the Senate. We shouldn't be punished with Paul.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

That`s within the error margin for most polls. That doesn`t necessarily bode well for Righties. With the mood of voters being what it is, Rand Paul should be way behind. If I were a Republican, I`d be worried about being only two points ahead in a state like Kentucky. What I find fascinating is that there are so many conservative posters on YA that think it`s going to be a GOP landslide. Look for a bunch of recounts; it`s gonna be that close.

I think he can win. Even though I`m a Canadian, I watch US politics all the time. It`s more interesting than ours. I think it`s partly the fact that Republicans have been nominating so many hysterical Tea Partiers, and want to turf experienced politicians in favour of waaaay-right loonies. Example: Christine O`Donnell. Conservatives don`t like anyone who rocks the boat too much - and that reformed witch just might capsize the lifeboat. The teabaggers may have shot themselves in the foot by supporting *really* right wingers.

• tim
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

I have no doubt he will. Ive believed all along this big wave talk was just an allusion the corporate mouth pieces conjured up

• 10 years ago

No. The races will appear to tighten up, but 2010 will ultimately be a Republican year.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Yes Rand will prevail in Kentucky. I donated money to Rand and my good luck will rub off on him.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Never forget that 3% democrat advantage --- voter fraud...

• PIXIE
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

isn't it funny that he has to try to beat him

• 10 years ago

Pray he does not.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.