Jack Conway Pulls Within Two Points Of Rand Paul In Kentucky Senate Fight. Do you think he can win? Why?

RealClearPolitics:

Jack Conway, Kentucky's Democratic Attorney General, has pulled within two points of Republican Rand Paul in the Kentucky Senate race, according to the latest poll from SurveyUSA.

Favorite Answer

I live in Kentucky and we have some real extremists here. I think it will be a close race. I predict Conway will carry the larger metropolitan areas and Paul will carry western Kentucky and eastern Kentucky. The fact that he will carry Eastern Kentucky is quite comical as a huge portion of the Appalachian population there is on some type of public support and entitlement programs. Paul is adamant about doing away with social programs. He is not really a Republican more of a Libertarian. I think we have suffered enough with Bunning and McConnell in the Senate. We shouldn't be punished with Paul.

That`s within the error margin for most polls. That doesn`t necessarily bode well for Righties. With the mood of voters being what it is, Rand Paul should be way behind. If I were a Republican, I`d be worried about being only two points ahead in a state like Kentucky. What I find fascinating is that there are so many conservative posters on YA that think it`s going to be a GOP landslide. Look for a bunch of recounts; it`s gonna be that close.

I think he can win. Even though I`m a Canadian, I watch US politics all the time. It`s more interesting than ours. I think it`s partly the fact that Republicans have been nominating so many hysterical Tea Partiers, and want to turf experienced politicians in favour of waaaay-right loonies. Example: Christine O`Donnell. Conservatives don`t like anyone who rocks the boat too much - and that reformed witch just might capsize the lifeboat. The teabaggers may have shot themselves in the foot by supporting *really* right wingers.

• tim

I have no doubt he will. Ive believed all along this big wave talk was just an allusion the corporate mouth pieces conjured up

No. The races will appear to tighten up, but 2010 will ultimately be a Republican year.

Yes Rand will prevail in Kentucky. I donated money to Rand and my good luck will rub off on him.

Never forget that 3% democrat advantage --- voter fraud...

• PIXIE

isn't it funny that he has to try to beat him

Pray he does not.