MikeA
MikeA asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Where do you think Prince Fielder will end up next season?

Milwaukee?

White Sox?

Yankees?

Red Sox?

Other??

Favorite Answer

If the White Sox want a Manny Ramirez-esque "quick-fix", then they should pick up Prince Fielder. Intelligent general managers like to build their team from the minor leagues up. Ignorant people like Kenny Williams try their best to sign the best players they can find, instead of trying to buy players that will have good chemistry. Currently, the Sox have a large heap of Type A players (aka power-hitting, steroid-taking, strikeout-prone dingbats). If they want to have a chance at beating the Tigers, Twins, Royals, or Indians next year, they need to start using players who care about the team. Sure, the Tigers, Indians, and Royals are all pretty bad right now, but at least they have young players with great potential. The White Sox.................not so much, sparky.

Golden Corral.

When he's not there, I'd guess that he's wearing a Yankees or Red Sox uniform. I don't think the Yankees are in great need of him, but they're always looking to improve.....I wish my Jays were run the same way. I also believe that the Yankees will make a play for him more if the Red Sox make a push, because they certainly don't want to see him go to a division rival.

The White Sox make some sense and are willing to spend, but I just can't discount the Yankees.

The Brewers are obviously a possibility because that's where he currently is. If he gets traded, it won't be the Yankees or Red Sox, because the Yankees like to have the DH position open for Posada and A-Rod, and they also have a prospect, Jesus Montero, who will use the DH position, and they have Teix at first. The Red Sox won't be aggressive because they'll have to give up a lot of prospects, and Theo doesn't like giving up prospects, and in a year Fielder's contract is up and they'll have to extend him, and Fielder is looking for a lot of money. So good minor leaguers + a lot of money = no. If he does get traded, it will probably be the white sox if they lose Konerko, or they can use Fielder for DH since Manny's contract is up.

Prince Fielder will almost certainly begin next season with the Brewers. He is under contract through next year, so he won't be a free agent until then.

The Brewers may trade Fielder, but I doubt that they'd do so before next summer. If they do trade him, he'll go to a contending team that needs a power-hitting first baseman or DH. Sicne the Red Sox have David Ortiz and the Yankees have Mark Teixeira, I doubt he'll end up there. If San Francisco or the White Sox are contending next year, though, those might be options.

But if the Brewers are at or above .500 next year, he won't go anywhere.

The Red Sox are going to lose Adrian Beltre to free agency so maybe it would make sense to move Youkilis to third and put Fielder at first. On the other hand, Fielder is a lefty and the Red Sox already have a glommy lefty who can't play first. The Yankees might very well like having Fielder as a DH, a position he seems so well suited to.

White Sox seems to make a lot of sense. Red Sox would also love to have Fielder but its uncertain how agressive the sox will be in free agency this year.

I Would Like To See Prince Fielder Become A Yankee.

fielder. that is extraordinarily lots a foregone end. fielder does not think of he will come back to the brewers, and the breweers have extraordinarily lots conceded that they've not got the money to offer up him. the brewers are in a smaller industry than st. louis, and that they've a smaller working cost variety. i think of there'll be a miles better backlash if pujols leaves the cardinals. they signed holliday to a protracted term deal at 17 million a twelve months with 5 years left. why do no longer they sign somebody else greater much affordable and use the money saved on pujols. the cardinals have continually been in the dazzling 0.33 while it is composed of entire sales so as that they do have funds to spend.

The White Sox seem to make the most sense. They have enough cap room, and Paul Konerko will be a FA so they need a first basemen.

• Joe

As much as I love Paul Konerko it seems like Williams would rather have Prince Fielder.

Personally I want Konerko back so I hope the Brewers resign him