Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 decade ago

Is white wine good for you in moderation health wise like red wine?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Brian
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It does have health benefits in moderation but not as much as red wine. Red wine has more antioxidants (which give it its red color) and resveretrol which is the compound renowned for it's anti-aging properties.

• 1 decade ago

Yes a little red or white wine in moderation ok for your health and drinking to much wine is bad for you that can cause health problems.

• Maka
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

There is some anecdotal evidence that red wine prevents this and that - white wine is said to be good too in moderation. Red wine can aggravate a condition known as Roseca - a reddening of your facial skin.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

In addition to the the resveratrol (mentioned by AARON G) in red wine does increase your HDLs (good cholesterol) and have numerous other health benefits, red wine also contains flavonoid phenolics. These powerful antioxidants are also found in high concentrations in the super-fruit acai, pomegranate, green tea, and blueberries, all of which i'm sure you've heard have many health benefits. While there are many benefits to getting these nutrients, wine should not be your ultimate medium for them. Although a glass every now and then certainly doesn't hurt. I guess the old adage stands true: All good things in moderation.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

White wine in moderation is good for you, but not as good as red wine.

• xaxorm
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Yes, any alcoholic beverage in moderation has health benefits. Those have been measured and proven in controlled scientific studies. The specific supposed additional dietary benefit of red wine is completely theoretical: It may be true, but there is no hard evidence for it. People have been talking about it for 30 years.

• Alyce
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Not as good.

The pigment that gives red wine (and purple grapes) its color, is the antioxidant that can help prevent cellular damage in the body. White wine does not have this antioxidant.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Less so. Red wines contain more antioxidants and phytochemicals from the skins.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, but, not as beneficial as red wine.

Source(s): I am a wino. .
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Red wine stains your teeth which is not "good" so I guess that means white wine is better for you, right? Just drink what you like.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.