What are some of the best home remedies for sinus issues during the fall season?

This is for my friend, who is suffering from severe nasal congestion and sinus pressure. He has tried the Nettie Pot with salt water but it isn't working, and he wants to stay away from OTC medication - and he's tried most anyway, but they still have not worked. The doctor has said he'll need surgery... show more This is for my friend, who is suffering from severe nasal congestion and sinus pressure. He has tried the Nettie Pot with salt water but it isn't working, and he wants to stay away from OTC medication - and he's tried most anyway, but they still have not worked. The doctor has said he'll need surgery which will include breaking the bridge of his nose and he's not ready to do that. Any home remedies that you know of would be greatly appreciated!