Stephy
Stephy asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

is it true Procter and gamble bought and is now manufacturing EVO dog food ?

i had a customer tell me that at work today.

just wondering if anyone has heard anything of that nature?

• Leigh
    Favorite Answer

Proctor & Gamble purchased Natura Pet a few months ago. The foods are still being manufactured in the same facility by the same employees to the same extremely high standards.

Many are worried about P & G "cheapening" the food...I am not. It would be the height of stupidity to purchase a company for the purpose of breaking into an untapped market, and then changing the product to match the inferior products you have been churning out. As of this time, there are no changes planned to input sourcing or manufacturing the food.

I work for a company that buys up small companies all the time. My company buys them because they want their technology/formulas/talent/etc. They don't change things, they LEARN from them and profit from them. These companies usually continue operating as usual, except for the very small companies that may be moved to another location for logistics purposes. When these companies "move in" to an established company, their processes don't change-the employees at the new location learn the processes the "old" way and continue with them.

I have a dog that has been on Evo for about 2 years now. She has an increased amount of water consumption, but she has a long list of health problems that is relates to. It started before she was switched to Evo. I have not noticed a difference as far as after she was on the food. She has a digestive disorder, and does not absorb protein well. Evo is the only food I could find to keep her in good weight. She eats 1/2 cup a day, vs 2 cups a day of what the vet told me to feed. Plus I could see all her bones on the vet's food.

Yes. Several months ago P&G purchased the 'Natura' company, and is now manufacturing all of their pet foods. This includes, but is not limited to: EVO & Innova. Many small businesses have stopped selling Natura products since the company was purchased by P&G because they fear that the quality of the foods will change.

• ?

Proctor and Gamble (pharmacutical company) make loads of cash on medications. That is the reason they keep purchasing pet food branches and making crap dog food. There is no money in healthy animals. They depend on making your pet sick so they can 'make it better' Iams used to be a good quality food too until Proctor and Gamble bought them out. Have you ever heard of the Menu Foods scandal a few years ago??

• Ocimom

They bought out the EVO cat food, so I'm sure that included the dog food as well.....sad too cause they ruined the Iams!

• Bob

I heard the same - read it on the Internet.