Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Would you ever consider dating anyone who was diagnosed on autism spectrum?

Like on low end (as in mild autism).

Favorite Answer

Yes, it doesn't make them less human. If you both are capable of being in a stable relationship together, why not. That's like if I asked "Would you date a blind person" I don't see why not. So what, they can't see, you can have the joys of explaining wonderful things to them they can't see. No one is less of a human because of those things they can't help. There are many well functioning humans in this world you see on a daily basis that probably have some type of diagnosis that you wouldn't notice on the outside.

I think they are lovely people with special qualities and gifts ... But need alot of understanding and encouragement

I think it would be a sweet , simple relationship - Has to be uncomplicated

There has to be alot of UNDERSTANDING

My grandson has mild autism and am hoping he will still be happy in a relationship when he grows up - Just can't expect him to function the same as someone without autism but he is still lovely with loads of qualities - But then I AM biased ;-)

• manger

No simply by fact my youthful brother has have been given a intense case of autism and understand in basic terms how no longer straightforward paintings they are able to be and would possibly no longer have the means to offer what i want out of a guy, emotionally and mentally simply by fact it somewhat is amazingly a huge component for me. and exceptionally if i finished up marrying the guy and alter into with him for some years, i do no longer think of i ought to handle looking after my brother and have a guy that has it besides, a heck load of thankless paintings.