Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What are some MP3 Players that are touch screen and have app?

I'm looking for a MP3 player that works like an iPod. Are there any? Or is it just the iPod Touch?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Simon
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The biggest competitor to the i Pod Touch, is the Microsoft Zune HD. It is a touch screen mp3 player, and it has apps as well. However it does not have as many apps as the i Pod Touch as of yet. Apps are one of the biggest strengths of the i Pod's right now. But the Zune's do have Lot's of advantages over the i Pod's also. One of these big advantages is that, the Zune's have better audio quality compared to the i Pod's.(This is why audiophiles prefer them.) And another is that they are compatible with a wider range of video, and audio formats. There are other advantages also that I did not list, But You can go to www.zune.net to learn more, about the mp3 players that they offer, and there services. (Also just on a side note.) Unlike the i Pod's, you can buy songs from another web site like Amazon for example, and download them onto your Zune, without having to go through Zune Market Place. The i Pod's have to use i Tunes for handling all there music at some point, no matter what.

Here are the specs below for the 64GB Zune HD.

Capacity1

64 gigabytes (GB)

Up to 16,000 songs, or 20 hours of high definition video from Zune Marketplace, or 96 hours of video optimized for device, or 25,000 pictures

Colors

Retail (Black), Zune Originals (Platinum, Black, Blue, Red, Green, Purple, Magenta)

Size and weight

Size: 52.7 mm x 102.1 mm x 8.9 mm (w x h x d)

Weight: 2.6 ounces (74 grams)

Battery

Music, up to 33 hours (wireless off); video, up to 8.5 hours2

Charge Time: Approximately three hours when connected to your PC; approximately two hours with A/C adapter

Screen

Size: 3.3-inch OLED color display, 16:9 aspect ratio

Type: Scratch-resistant glass with touch input capability

Orientation: Vertical (music) and horizontal (videos)

Resolution: 480 pixels x 272 pixels

Wireless

Connectivity: 802.11b/g compatible

Wireless sync

Yes

Connectivity: 802.11b/g compatible

Authentication modes: Open, WEP, WPA, and WPA2

Encryption modes: WEP 64- and 128-bit, TKIP, and AES

Audio support

Windows Media® Audio Standard3 (WMA) (.wma); Up to 384 Kbps; constant bit rate (CBR) and variable bit rate (VBR) up to 48-kHz sample rate; WMA Pro two channel up to 768 Kbps; CBR and VBR up to 48-kHz

WMA Lossless: two channel up to 768 kbps and 48-kHz

Advanced Audio Coding (AAC-LC) (.mp4, .m4a, .m4b); .m4a and .m4b files without FairPlay DRM up to 320 Kbps; CBR and VBR up to 48-kHz

MP3 (.mp3); Up to 320 Kbps; CBR and VBR up to 48-kHz

Picture support

JPEG (.jpg)

Video support

Windows Media Video (WMV) (.wmv); Main and Simple Profile, CBR or VBR, up to 10.0 Mbps peak video bit rate; 720 pixels x 480 pixels up to 30 frames per second (or 720 pixels x 576 pixels up to 25 frames per second); Advanced profile up to L2, 1280 pixels x 720 pixels up to 30 frames per second, CBR or VBR, up to 14.0 Mbps peak video bitrate;Zune software will transcode HD WMV files above stated capabilities at device sync

MPEG-4 (MP4/M4V) (.mp4) Part 2 video3; Simple Profile up to 4.0 Mbps peak video bit rate; 720 pixels x 480 pixels up to 30 frames per second (or 720 pixels x 576 pixels up to 25 frames per second); Zune software will transcode HD MPEG-4 files at device sync

H.264 video3; Baseline Profile + bframes, up to 10 Mbps peak video bit rate; 720 pixels x 480 pixels up to 30 frames per second (or 720 pixels x 576 pixels up to 25 frames per second);1280 pixels x 720 pixels up to 30 frames per second, up to level 3.1 and 14.0 Mbps peak video bitrate; Zune software will transcode HD WMV files above the stated capabilities at device sync

DVR-MS4; Zune software will transcode at time of sync

Audio output

Analog Audio Out; Optical Digital Audio Out (requires additional dock, sold separately)

Video output

HDMI or Composite (requires additional dock, sold separately)

Radio

Built-in FM/HD Radio™ receiver5

Included accessories

Headphones

Zune Sync Cable

Three pairs of foam earpiece covers

Ports

Connector port

3.5mm Headphone jack

Languages

English, French, Spanish

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Mp3 Players With Touch Screen

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Well there is a new sony MP3 out that has a sort of app store but sadly costs more than iPod touch. iPod touch has just received a price drop and now is the best time to get one because it is presumed that apple is bringing out a camera ipod touch near christmas. But on the Mp3 side of things go for samsung Mp3.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Source(s): Learn Spanish Online http://enle.info/SpanishLanguageLessons/?WKqp
  • 1 decade ago

I would recommend you Zune HD 16 GB Video MP3 Player

I have used this product and it performs really well I would definitely suggest

Zune HD 16 GB Video MP3 Player

@16 GB capacity for up to 4,000 songs, 24 hours standard definition video, or 5 hours high definition video

@3.3-inch OLED screen with 480 x 272 resolution and 16:9 display

@HD Radio gives you access to many local stations with crystal-clear digital sound at no extra cost

@Watch supported 720p HD movies, TV shows, and videos in high definition

@Buy, stream, and update your music, download free games, and surf the web via a Wi-Fi connection

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-...

Also check out at Ebay

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?...

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

If you want to find out Spanish and you want to discover it from the greatest then you should decide on a program

• Heidi
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axtGa

JUST GET THE NEW IPOD TOUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.