Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBoxing · 10 years ago

why do smart people love manny pacquiao?

ESPN, bert sugar, larry merchant, brian kenny, emmanuel steward, bernard hopkins, winky wright, sugar ray leonard, mike tyson, james toney, bj penn, george st. pierre, mickey rourke, the lists goes on and on and on and on but all of 'em smart ones who love pacquiao. why some stupid people can only like duckers?

Update:

@jon

thanks bro

@everybody

this aint about floyd mayweather so please

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

To be fair, there are also many boxers and analysts who prefer Mayweather over Pacquaio. Ricky Hatton, Oscar De La Hoya, Ivan Calderon, Chad Dawson, Teddy Atlas, and Juan Manuel Marquez all think Floyd is the better fighter and would beat Pacquiao. Mayweather is very popualr and beloved by many slick boxers because of his style, and he is a super talented fighter who deserves to be a Hall of Famer someday. I respect him as a fighter and I do see him as a huge threat to Pacquaio.

Bert Sugar has ranked Pacquaio as one of the top 15 greatest boxers ever. Bert Sugar blamed Mayweather in both negotiations as at fault for making his own private drug testing that has never been done previously in boxing. Larry Merchant has said Pacquiao is the most exciting fighter today. Brian Kenny I thought, is more of a Mayweather fan however despite of their highly publicized argument. Emmanuel Steward has said Mayweather FEARS Pacquaio, and Bernard Hopkins said the true p4p fighter today is Pacquaio and not Mayweather, and that if Hopkins was in the same size as those guys, he would have a harder time beating Pacquaio but will have an easy time beating Mayweather. Sugar Ray Leonard also called Pacquiao as the best fighter today, while Tyson has said Pacquaio is a replica of the young Tyson's fighting style. James Toney thinks Pacquaio will knock out Mayweather, and BJ Penn and GSP have all said Pacquaio is their idol.

Bert Sugar saying Pacquaio is in the top 15 greatest ever, the greatest Asian boxer and the greatest south paw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lx_DH7mOno

Youtube thumbnail

Bernard Hopkins on Pacquiao being the official p4p boxer and that he would have a harder time beating Pacquaio but will have an easy time beating Mayweather:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBsAd7Tk9kg

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

Emmanuel Steward saying Mayweather fears Pacquaio and how he wish more fighters should be more like Pacquaio who is a fighter first and businessman second:

http://www.eatthemushroom.com/mag/article.asp?id=1...

Marvin Hagler saying Pacquaio is the best and how he thinks Mayweather is a coward:

http://www.ontheropesboxingradio.com/featuredartic...

George Foreman saying Pacquaio is the best and how he thinks Mayweather is a chicken, a liar, and a slander:

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=11588

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=24792&mor...

Source(s): No offense to Mayweather fans, these are not form my own words but from the other boxers and analysts :-)
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • teodor
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Everybody loves a fighter especially if he is winning. And winning spectacularly by KO or TKO, not to say easily. Foreman, Tyson and Roy Jones, Jr. had gone through that accolades in their heydays. But their praisers sooner than later changed their minds after they were severely tested, faltered and suffered horrendous losses. Let us hear those people again after Manny Pacquiao finally write finis to his career. I would love to see if many of them will still harbor the same sentiments and regard Pacquiao as highly as Ali, Robinson, Armstrong and Louis who all suffered bad losses at the tail-end of their illustrious career.

Remember that the adjective "smart" is still relative. Some fans and experts are smarter than the others. But there could be smartest of them all.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

great article man. paul is too damn right floyd would NEVAH EVAH FIGHT HIM. it will be the most dangerous fight if manny pacquiao dares to step in the ring with paul as this monster can bang with the best in the middleweight coz of his size but pac is a warrior and is a man who loves challenges, risks and war that floyd obviously avoids. as impossible as many would think but i believe manny can handle paul. manny is simply a complete fighter and would possibly fight him. there will be a lot of ways manny would beat paul. goin toe to toe is not an option but bein smart will be the priority. a wise man knows manny and freddie can come up with a game plan.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Sugar Ray Leonard and Emmanuel Stewart ? Show me proof ? And everyone else on that list is irrelevant, B.J. Penn is washed up and both him and GSP no nothing about boxing, Mike Tyson is a proven idiot, he needs to go rape more women and by another Tiger, and James Toney is really stupid why doesn't he go get beat down in the UFC again ? Bernard Hopkins always hated Floyd and Winky is the same guy that Floyd called out a couple years ago, the much bigger man had nothing to say.

So so me where Sugar Ray and Emmanuel say it. I always here Emmanuel side with whoever is winning, he is a huge hypocrite, but still a great trainer.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Everyone loves Manny, what's not to love the guy is a spectacular fighter and a genuinely nice guy. It's not Manny's fault Bob Arum is an upside down hanging, blood sucking fiend.

• 10 years ago

he is just what's in. Once he gets beat he will just be another former world champion. Or maybe it is just the fact that he has been the most talented boxer to come out of his country. He is a reason for them to turn on the t.v. and forget about the poor country they live in. a way out of reality

• 10 years ago

Because they are a Smart Thinker,They love to tell and accept the real truth and they think first before they talks.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

It's pretty simple. Would you cheer for a respectful and admired athlete, or an athlete with the attitude of a thug and the courage of a PU$$Y?

• 10 years ago

i dont like peds they are unfair so i dont like manny.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Bro, EVERY single person you mentioned respects Floyd as a fighter. But I guess you wouldn't know that.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.