Felipe Obregon asked in PetsCats · 9 years ago

Why does my cat like to sleep on my laptop?

Whenever I leave my laptop my cat drops himself on my laptops keyboard

Best Answer

Because your cat is keeping a secret online blog and is a member of an elite cat group plotting to overthrow the government! LOL... Just kidding. :D

There are several reasons cats do this, mostly what everyone has said already. The laptop is probably warm and alot of cats like to lay on stuff that generates heat. It also probably smells like you, and the cat feels content laying on something that smells like you - just the same as if you caught your cat sleeping on your favorite jacket or another piece of clothing you leave on the bed or wherever. The laptop is something you probably pay alot of attention to, and the cat recognizes this. This is the same as when you have paperwork laid out on the table, or a newspaper or book, and the cat comes and lays down right in the middle of where you are working. In the cat's mind, he is thinking "Whatever you are doing is obviously very important to you, I must be a part of that!"

Here's a funny youtube video of someone's cat laying on the keyboard and making the computer spazz out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oOWPDTI8bM

Youtube thumbnail

Source(s): owning cats most my life
  • monteo

undesirable Kitty! he's doing this because of the fact your computing device is heat. attempt getting an electric powered heating pad and putting it in his mattress below a blanket. Heating pads are no longer that costly and basic to locate at maximum drug shops. while he realizes his mattress is heat too, and lots greater snug, he could desire to start drowsing there somewhat of on dazzling of your difficult computing device. additionally attempt putting some thing on dazzling of your computing device which will divert him from desiring to sleep there. An previous trick to maintain cats off of counters is to place out aluminum pie pans with some thing noisy interior, at the same time with funds or keys, so as that if the cat jumps up and disturbs the pan, it will make all forms of noise and scare the cat away. See if that works on your computing device. Like many others have suggested, I additionally leave the reveal at an perspective, no longer closed each and each of how, and my cats leave the computing device on my own.

My cat does that!!!!

I think its cos it likes the heat and the hum from the laptop or it just has a thing about laptops...

The laptop is generating heat of which your cat likes to keep warm

* Generate

* Generated

* Generating

Hi Felipe Obregon

Maybe your cat is enjoying a "keyboard massage" !

You use your laptop to send a message (email), but your cat uses it to have a massage.

Your cat probably wants the same attention you give your laptop. And because it's warm. :)

• John

Perhaps the keyboard is warm and comfortable for your cat? It does generate heat.

Probably because of the heat generated by the laptop.

Ignore the other answers, you have to understand "cat" to understand why they do this. It's not for warmth, they do it, because they know it belongs to you, it's the feline form of dominance. Like rubbing their faces on things to mark them or even you to "claim" you. The warmth is secondary, the dominance is the primary focus.

My cats all love to do that. It's warm, that's the reason why. Lol.