Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationCard Games · 10 years ago

What is the best way to get cheap magic the gathering cards?

What is the best way to get cheap bulk Magic the Gathering trading cards?

Favorite Answer

Look for folks selling thousands of mixed cards at a time. You can usually get cards by the thousand for between $10 and $20 per thousand cards. Often sellers will state a minimum number of rares (i.e. Fifty rares per thousand cards) and will exclude basic lands. This is probably the easiest and cheapest way to obtain a significant amount of cards. Try using search strings such as "MTG 5000."

Source(s): ebay.com

Cheap Magic Cards

The best way is to look for bulk repacks of MTG cards. Alot of game shops do this to clear out inventory. Most are common, uncommom, or some places do rare bulk packs but don't expect anything like Force of Will or anything. These rares are stuff they have lots of duplicates or extremely low to non-existant play value. Sometimes you might get something useful. If not they can be used as trade fodder because you never know what someone may want or need.

Troll and Toad has the cheapest bulk repacks I've seen yet. They even have foil and specific color packs sometimes. They also have very reasonable priced singles and reasonable shipping. Troll and Toad is where I buy all my cards since there is no card shop here.

www.trollandtoad.com

My second choice would probably be www.mtgfanatic.com. Third I'd check Amazon as there are some bulk MTG cards on there. Ebay I'd say is the worst because it's an auction and you might not get what you're bidding on.

Source(s): Old School MTG Player since Unlimited.

Source(s): ebay.com

Try looking for a hobby shop in your local area. They may sell singles. Usually any place that advertises D&D or other card and fantasy games. Even if the store doesn't sell them, perhaps some players inside will.

Check and see if there is a Gaming store near you that sells games, cards etc. There is a store in my town that sells cards for really cheap and has one night a week local card tournaments. If you can't find a store, then check Craigslist or E-Bay for used cards.

A lot of the time a game store will have free commons and uncommons in a box. Also a lot of them will put together a dollar rare box for people to check out. Just ask the owner/person working there.

Source(s): I work at a game store.

The best way to get magic cards is to keep your virginity. Sooner or later every old virgin gets a pretty sweet Magic card collection.

I used to buy MTG cards off of Ebay all the time...you can find some very excellent deals. Sometimes you will find people selling their entire collection for a great price.

http://toys.listings.ebay.com/Trading-Card-Games_M...

armed robbery