Steam took money out of my gift card balance, but the transaction failed?

hi, i recently bought a 50 dollar mastercard giftcard to get civilization 5 off of steam. when i first tried to buy it, steam said there was an error, and i couldnt purchase it. i checked my card balance, and it was .01 dollars. under card activity it says i bought something from valve (steam), for 49.99, under pending transactions. Does this mean steam will give me the held money back, and no game? or does it mean i must wait for mastercard to finish the transaction, so then steam will give me the game?

Favorite Answer

It can take up to a week for the money to go back on your card. They take it off IMMEDIATELY when you even try to use it, but they're not in any hurry to put it back.

Usually it's there after 72 hours, but it could take up to a week.