Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Steam took money out of my gift card balance, but the transaction failed?

hi, i recently bought a 50 dollar mastercard giftcard to get civilization 5 off of steam. when i first tried to buy it, steam said there was an error, and i couldnt purchase it. i checked my card balance, and it was .01 dollars. under card activity it says i bought something from valve (steam), for 49.99, under pending transactions. Does this mean steam will give me the held money back, and no game? or does it mean i must wait for mastercard to finish the transaction, so then steam will give me the game?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It can take up to a week for the money to go back on your card. They take it off IMMEDIATELY when you even try to use it, but they're not in any hurry to put it back.

Usually it's there after 72 hours, but it could take up to a week.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.