How to achieve this jump?

What is the name of this leap and how is it achieved?

http://www.dancehelp.com/images/dance-jump.jpg

Favorite Answer

This is a grand jete/grand sissone/firebird leap (I've heard it all these ways) to the EXTREME. :) normally the person's tipped more forward toward the ground. To achieve it you have to have good momentum to start; I usually do a big assemble first and then push off both legs hard and just throw your back leg up with as much force as you can (without hurting yourself). Don't worry about getting your leg bent at the perfect angle, it'll bend by itself if you keep your hips and leg muscles really loose. At the same time you tip your upper chest backward along with your head and arms, and you kick your front leg forward a little bit, but keep it straight. You have to do it a lot to get used to it (you'll probably feel really weird and floppy the first time) but eventually it starts to look and feel better. You also have to be quite flexible to do this, like at least close to achieving splits. :D Hope this helped!

I'm not sure what it's called, but to do it, you should stretch a LOT. If you can't do the spilts, it's probably won't be possible to get it like in the picture, so work on your splits and leaps. If you can, start stretching to overextend your splits, which will make the leap easier. Also, when you're in the splits, bend the back leg at the knee and pull it towards your butt for a few seconds to stretch your hamstrings. You're going to want to stretch your back alot too, so you can arch backwards comfortably. I stretch my back out by laying on my bed so that my shoulders and upper back hang off the edge and i let gravity do the work. If you know what scorpians are, these should help prep you alot too.

Besides stretching, you'll also was want to build leg muscle up to be able to jump high enough and move you legs quickly enough to get to the right position. This means alot of plyometrics, like squatting and then jumping out of it quickly.

Good luck! This is a beautiful leap )

Source(s): 14 years of cecchetti ballet
  • Zhops

Most likely that is a sissonne, and photographed from below. It could also be a grand jeté with the back leg bent and some fancy work with the camera and set-up, but I put my money on the sissonne. How is it achieved? Many years of serious ballet study. You'll rarely see a leap of this magnitude on the stage. Mostly it's a photographic stunt.

• kia

properly, i'm 6'5", have been enjoying using fact approximately 10, and replaced into able to dunk quite while i replaced into approximately 18/19. i'm presently 32, and this previous summer season recorded easily my optimum vertical jumps. I quite have never had any knee subject concerns, continually wrap my ankles, and continually attempt to develop. I positioned on KobeZoom6, my well-known footwear, and have faith those have helped, as i are growing to be older. On a "good" day, i will quite get approximately 11' to 11'6", on my bounce. i will basically palm, good or expert balls properly, so my extra desirable vertical facilitates while dunking. in case you think it, you could gain it. Set your bar to touch the suitable of the sq. above the rim. merely, prepare that with no ball for awhile. Your verticle will develop, with appropriate technique. I bounce off 2 ft alot extra now, than ever before. i will gain my optimum vertical off of one foot. And, my ultimate dunk i will do, is a 360.

i'm guessing the dancer was either in the middle of a jete attitude, or they were doing a ring jump ( that's what we call it? ) and are extremely good at it. :)