Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

What does it say about "American Exceptionalism" that Afghans seem to prefer living in Taliban areas?

"The Taliban, meanwhile, have used the Afghan government's behavior, and NATO's paralysis over the issue, to their advantage. The militants are seen as providing "cleaner" government in areas they control. And they pay off or intimidate local leaders and warlords behind the scenes, as they did the last time they took power.

Net result: NATO is losing this fight."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5...

Update:

I'm against US imperialism in Sudan.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I agree, Freak. Let filthy Afghans live in caves and be governed by brutal Taliban thugs, all that matters is that the U.S. remove the threat to the U.S. or U.S. interests. Oh by the way, you are also against intervention in hellholes like Darfur, right? I frequently catch leftists like yourself whining about ill-conceived U.S. interventions like Iraq, and then turning around and demanding that the U.S. "do something!" and engage in more folly nation building in your preferred hellholes. Tell the truth, Freak.

EDIT: You surprised me, Freak. Almost without exception leftists such as yourself engage in some twisted, nonsensical logic to insist that some folly nation building is good while other folly nation building is bad. So as I said, you get leftists crying about Iraq nation building while demanding Darfur/Sudan nation building. All nation building is a fool's game.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

i've got no longer seen information comments which observed as the killing of Nato infantrymen homicide, honestly. in spite of the shown fact that, you may make the factor that the Taliban isn't a geographical area or a rustic, nor even a known government, and in addition they have not got the protections of the international accords on war. The Taliban, in spite of everything, are extremely of course terrorists, who objective civilians intentionally, and who kill plenty extra Afghans than they do Nato troops. with the aid of way of assessment, whilst Nato forces by twist of destiny kill Afghan civilians, they furnish apologies, and that they of course do no longer intentionally objective civilians. BA: i'm normally anti-war. i replaced into especially useful and supportive of the US efforts in Afghanistan, initially. The Taliban have been of course deserving of action against them, and that they have got been of course preserving Bin weighted down on the time. i replaced into continually strongly against the war in Iraq, and that i think of the diversion of components removed from Afghanistan and to Iraq doomed our efforts in Afghanistan.

• 1 decade ago

It says nothing about American exceptionalism. It does however speak volumes as to the mental state of Moslems who prefer to live under a Seventh Century system rather than one which guarantees freedom.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It explains why so few Americans want to live in Taliban areas.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

the taliban prefers to live among the people, silly

Source(s): s
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

You asked and answered your own question. Sometimes even oppressive stability is preferable to chaos.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Damn sight y'all never going to leave this exceptional country

Bey your own volition that is

• 1 decade ago

You wanted war. You wanted revenge. You did so without understanding the "enemy". Your loss.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

9/11 was a fraud ,only stupid cowards believe their incompetent bankrupt government. Ye shall know them by their fruits !

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.