Relocation to Alabama?

56 yr old single retired male thinking about relocating to Alabama from Buffalo NY. Looking for comments on a pedestrian/bicycle friendly town with a sense of community. If I could walk the dog from a $800.00 month apt to a nice coffee shop and a book store, diner, restaurant every day I'd be a happy guy. A little culture doesn't hurt. Comments on weather, locations and surrounding areas are appreciated. I thank you in advance.

• Sean
    Favorite Answer

Check out Fairhope Alabama, a popular retirement community on the east shore of Mobile Bay. Book stores, coffee shops, the bay, and plenty of shops and restaurants within walking distance.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Fairhope-Alabama.htm...

It's around thirty minutes from the Gulf of Mexico in one direction and thirty minutes from Mobile in the other. The Florida line is thirty minutes to the east, with Pensacola Florida just across the line.

$800 a month might rent you a small home or apartment. It's a mixture of modern homes, refurbished century old homes and condominiums.

you're talking about Alabama right? first of all you cold probably buy a 4 bedroom house on 5 acres for $800 a month down there. Coffee shop? that would be the local gas station. Book store? good luck, like I said it's Alabama. Diner and restaurant? same as the coffee shop. If by culture you mean cross burnings and shooting possums for dinner then you'll love Alabama! hope this helps! have fun!