Harry
Harry asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 10 years ago

What is a good price for Mossberg 185K 20 ga.?

I was looking for 20 gauge shotgun for my 10 year old kid and Recently I saw Mossberg 185K for $125. Is it good shotgun for kid ? Is the price right ? I'm looking for skeet shooting only.

Favorite Answer

I HAVE ONE AND I LOVE IT!!!

Man, it's like shooting a cannon, but without the major recoil. I love it, but for skeet, it's really hard to get off multiple rounds. The ammo is cheap, and the gun is very fun to shoot. $125 isn't bad. For kids, you might want to ease into it, unless the kid is really gun savvy/brave/tough. My younger brother uses it, and he loves it also. Beware: it has a choke, but you really can't fire it well if it's off. The gun is great, and is oddly light. I hope this helps!

Source(s): hunter, shooter, gun enthusiast
  • MJ

This was also my first shotgun, and I still have it. If the condition is nice, talk them down under $100. These often sell for around $75. to $100. in my neck of the woods.

But if it's really nice, and you like it, $125. is not unreasonable.

Believe it or not, I have one of those. It was my very first shotgun, and it was the gun I took my very first deer with.

The sentimental value to mine is impossible to estimate... but if the one you're looking at is absolutely pristine, not a penny over $90. They aren't worth much.

Source(s): Avid shooter/Experienced machinist/They are great little shotguns. Extremely robust... and can fling a slug pretty accurately too.

I say for a first gun it would be good but you can get a mossberg maverick 88 for $180 brand new.Go to walmart even if its out of the way its worth it.

Source(s): Paid $207 for my mossberg 500 gun stores want atleast $285 for em and thats minimum