Vista laptop won't charge and touchpad won't work?

my laptop is a 2007 vista acer aspire 4730Z (aka piece of cr@p). this morning it worked fine but i left the computer on and charging, even though it was fully charged ( >.< i know, bad me.. :( ) and when i came back to it 4 hours later, the touchpad wouldn't work and the ac adapter wasn't blinking AND... show more my laptop is a 2007 vista acer aspire 4730Z (aka piece of cr@p). this morning it worked fine but i left the computer on and charging, even though it was fully charged ( >.< i know, bad me.. :( ) and when i came back to it 4 hours later, the touchpad wouldn't work and the ac adapter wasn't blinking AND the laptop wasn't charging. (personal info time: i took in a kitten a week ago and he likes to run over the laptop. i don't know if this may have anything to do with it though.)

it said i had 76% remaining so i googled my problem while i still had battery power. i uninstalled the battery in the device manager, reinstalled it again, turned off my laptop on and did 10 other different things to get it, the touchpad, and the adapter working. nothing worked...

i am so glad i bought a cordless mouse for a "just in case" moment. alas, nothing worked and my touchpad didn't work either no matter what i did/ googled to do. i think there might be something wrong with the motherboard and i can feel my wallet crying... my acer is dead right now after spending 2 hours trying to figure out how to get the charger or laptop (or both?) to work. any suggestions before i take it to the computer repair shop? ...i think the suggestion now is to take it to the repair shop. xD but you never know, there might be someone online that can help me. :)

i'm on the house computer right now.
1 answer 1