ID8647 asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 10 years ago

Fantasy Football: Darren McFadden or Michael Turner?

Who should I start? McFadden has done better as of late, but they also expect Turner back to full strength. My other RB is Jahvid Best.

Darren McFadden who plays Arizona

or

Michael Turner who plays New Orleans

Favorite Answer

Falcons' beat writer D. Orlando Ledbetter speculates that Turner will be used a little less than usual because they don't want to add additional strain on his groin injury and since Snelling showed that he was a worthy alternative to Turner on the field. Turner is not an asset in the receiving game and while I don't think he will be limited too much, I don't expect him to get more than 20 carries this week as a precautionary measure. He will probably get 15+ carries though so he is definitely worthy of RB2 status this week...He is usually a must-start RB1, but I have to take his injury last week into account.

If McFadden blows up again this week then we might be looking at him a must-start RB every week. He is looking like the best value pick of fantasy drafts this season and he faces a Cardinals run D that ranks 31st in the NFL so far and has allowed an average of 153 rushing yards in their 2 games this season compared to Turner facing a Saints' run D that ranks 19th and has allowed 116.5 rushing yards on average.

As we all know Turner is usually a must-start, but since you have McFadden who is playing up to his potential it complicates things. Both RBs should have great games, but since McFadden has a better matchup and won't lose any carries due to injury precautionary measures, unlike Turner, he has more upside. I'll go against the first 3 answerers and pick McFadden because I feel he has more upside this week, but honestly you can't go wrong either way.

Turner. NO gave up a huge game last week to Gore and Turner is healthy and more proven, McFadden has had one good week Vs the third worst rushing D in the league. Plus I'm betting that Turner was your first draft pick. Week three is not the time to sit your first round draft pick.

Micheal Turner

Source(s): DUH

I would say mcfadden, just because i have snelling and im hoping for the best... Plus mcfadden is second in the league in yards...

If you bet big on turner in your draft, why not follow thro?

I'd bet turner gets atleast half of Snelling's numbers last week, don't you?

McFadden. NO will have the answer for ATL. ATL will be forced to throw from behind early and often.

mcfadden!!! trade turner!!!