is it child endangerment if i was abused during pregnacy?

i was abused throught my pregncy and am now trying to get a divorce i want sole custody and allow supervised visitation rights, could it be child endangerment because i was with child when the abuse occured? will the court rule in my favor? or grant joint custody?

Favorite Answer

It is unlikely that a court will give him access if he physically abused you. Get legal help as soon as possible. Do not take this on without help. If something goes wrong, you and your baby will suffer. Do everything in you power to get this process right.

I doubt if you reported it to the authorities, that they would even go over there to check things out. I think it is cruel in any means anyway, but some states and CPS services can ignore years of abuse or take a child away for heresay. It is a F'ED up system and I think that we should have a license to take care of another human being before being able to have one. I am a single parent of 2 young girls and I have made my mistakes along the way and I was scared as hell the first time I took my babies home. But I would through a brick at that guy just for being an azzhole to his baby!!!! Keep your eye on him and you may be the only witness to an escalatingviolent life to this innocent baby. Document this type of behavior!!!

They won't consider it child endangerment becaue that gets into a sticky legal definition of when is a baby a baby, abortion rights, etc. However, abuse of a pregnant women is grounds for supervised vistitation. It goes to his violent nature.

If he attends anger management of some kind the court will probably let him have regular visitation down the road.

• Linds

Honestly I don't know and that is a very good question. Were you abused through out your entire pregnancy? Like did he know you were pregnant when he abused you?

I would like to think yes, the courts will rule in your favor but to be sure I would talk to a lawyer.

I certainly hope they rule in your favour.

• Ranjan

Judgment will be in ur favour...