How can I get involved in scientific research?

I'm a pre-med undergraduate. I'd really like to get involved in research but it's kind of intimidating asking my professors because they've been studying their field for many years, whereas I've been involved in studying sciences for two years. What do you think would go through a professors mind if a student asked him/her if the professor would help the student get involved in research with them?

Favorite Answer

A professor would most likely think, "Oh, here's an undergrad who would like to get involved in research, just like all those hundreds of other undergrads who wanted to get into research I've dealt with over the years. Let me think, can I use him?" And then he'll say either yes or no.

Most professors are thrilled to get free labor as that is the most expensive component of the project.

Most universities have web pages that talk about the various professors research. You don't necessarily have to go to a professor you already know. If you approach a professor and tell them you are interested in their research and could you work for free--most will be happy to let you.

Some of the Great discovers of scientific research where student and teacher! There are many booming sites on earth for medical research right here in America and in Australia and Sweden/switzerland! An Amazing thing is taking place in science this day, very amazing the bible code/key has been found and has this long time been a medical code/key sent by the Great Physician! He declared He came and brought us back Life abundant as was lived by Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden! And He has done just that, the Bible code/key is made up of missing links too the now finding of the infection of Life on earth called aging and premature death! Turns out aging as actually a form of mutation of the Human body! On the Adam and Eve seed gathering ministry on the net website on the proof in science page, and on the about and services pages, are micro graphs of the myco-controlled phages and bacteria which science has had studied for centuries yet did not know they worked as one from our birth to bring us into premature aging and death! We are born each of us with the capability of living centuries instead of mere decades just as did our Father and Mother if of Gods book of Life of Adam and Eve! Must be of an age of understanding to visit the Now gathering of those taught and those of understanding ...show your professors the beginning of deaths end has come into view, Life now over takes death and premature aging He did it

Source(s): The Word/Bible/Science

If you are actually interested in research they will love it that you are interested in their work and yeah its free labour. If you just want to put something on your resume they probaly wont accept you because its just a waste of their time.