Does it use less ink to colour photocopy or print on an inkjet printer?

Need to produce several copies of something with colour headings and black text ...will it be cheaper to scan and print them or colour photocopy on my inkjet all in one? Or does it not make a difference?

(have access to 2 machines - one is an epson (not sure of the model) and the other is a canon Pixma MP560...both have separate colour ink tanks)

Best Answer

Wouldn't make a lot of difference in the amount of ink used over all.

Are you talking about printing one and then making copies?

If so, you would have a clearer print using a straight printer.

Photo copying you get a slight background because you are producing

the background colour of the original paper, that's why photocopies have

that greyish/blackish background.

Source(s): Experienced1

With the two machines you have, there would be very little cost difference; at the end of the job you will be applying a certain amount of ink to a number of pages.

However "photocopying" will generally colour areas of the page that didn't have anything printed on them and thus consume more ink, as well as producing a lower quality result.

My recommendation would be to directly print on the machine that you feel is cheaper to run, probably the Canon.

In my own opinion almost the same ink that you will utilize when you use either printing or photocopying. But, if you use a printer with a draft format enable for you to save ink; I think you will save ink with almost same quality as normal printing. God bless