Coating on Glasses...............................?

I don't know if the lenses are glass or plastic, but I would like to know easy way to get the coating off of them. The coating has starting coming off and now hazy.

The way must be safe for both glass and plastic PLEASE.

Favorite Answer

Use an oil-free, SPF 45 sunscreen and it will do a fantastic job at removing the thin coating from polycarbonate lenses. I believe this is because sunscreen has extremely fine aluminum powder in its composition, which is coarse enough to work away the coating, but fine enough to not leave visibly deep scratches in the soft plastic or glass.

First, clean your glasses as best as you can. Using an old (but clean) sock or cotton rag, polish both sides of the lense, reapplying sunscreen as needed. You will feel the surface becoming noticably rougher as the coating is removed and becomes more patchy. It takes a long time, but eventually the last of the tiny patches of coating will be worked through and you'll be left with a really smooth finish. As a last step, you should clean the lenses off and then polish them again with another clean rag.

• ?

The Canon's are excellent, however B&W additionally makes most sensible-notch, top first-class filters. I consider out of Schott glass. You rather are not able to move unsuitable with both. Neither is low-cost. I doubt if you can observe the change- optically. Multiple layer coatings are greater - however the 'covered' one commonly has a couple of layers in its coating.