Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

So the Democrats are holding tax cuts ransom until after the election?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

Yep. Which means that we the people are going to get scr*wed. As usual.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

9 out of 10 Americans earn less than 200K/year.

When the politicians go home, they will hear 9 out of 10 people say "We want the middle class taxcuts to stay, but that extra $700 Billion for the rich, you can drop that taxcut."

Now many fat suitacase stuffed with cash will move post haste from K street to Capitol Hill. But the pols know that 9 out of 10 voters counts more than a suitcase full of cash -- it would cost ten suitcases to get those voters back once you lose them.

Here's what you can do -- Expect a stock market drop between now and the end of this year. People will want to take their winnings out of the market at 15%, and not wait around fof a possible 20% or 25% capital gains rate.

Although the rich get a lot of information, they act like a flock of sparrows in the market, so I think they will all sell on the same day -- driving the DOW down to around 8000.

You could hold "puts" on broad index funds (30, 60, 90 days out).

You could wait for the drop, and then buy selected shares.

You could hold calls for February 2011, which is when money will come back into the market (they have to wait 30 days to meet the "Wash Sale" rule) -- Feb calls should be good, but don't pay too much for them.

The bunch of corrupt *ssh*les should be treated as a particle in Brownian motion. Asking about why the particle goes this way or that is truly a waste of time. Asking "What can I do in my life to benefit from the particle's motion?" is a rational way to spend time.

You have given 120 seconds of your life to reading my post. I hope you get your money's worth.

The little servant of all mankind -- Dolphin314etc

Source(s): Adam Smith (the new one) taught me marketing strategy and timing, but I also pay very close attention to George Soros. Hold MBA and JD. Investor for some time.
  • 9 years ago

The Dems are not proposing a tax cut, they are attempting to allow the tax rates on the upper incomes to return to pre-2001 levels and allow the middle and lower rates to continue. These cuts were enacted in 2001 and were across the board for all income levels. They are set to expire in January 2011. The left is this country has done an excellent job in creating class envy if some of the rhetoric on this board and others are any indication. It is amazing to me how many people feel bitterness and rage toward the wealthy and want to see them punished, even though it will not improve their own lives one iota. Do you people really believe that the poor and middle clas pay the majority of taxes in this country? Really? If you do, you are wrong. Period.

• 3 years ago

in case you look somewhat deeper this question could properly be asked approximately the two area. the fact is, the only law pushed under the moniker of job advent are the two tax cuts for suitable earners or for short term, low paying jobs that are devisive and unsafe in the long-term. Neither the Democrats or the Republicans care approximately job advent or are open to the variations needed to create a extra good financial climate in united statesa.. effortless people actual could desire to step returned from those pollutive political events and their poisoned ideology and are available at the same time to get this u . s . returned heading in the right direction in a manner it rather is ultimate for each man or woman and not basically a fractional proportion of the inhabitants.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

No. Did you read the article?

There are no tax cuts proposed. They are talking about letting the tax cuts for the wealthy expire. There are many who wanted the vote, but others who didn't, knowing that the Republicans would spin it as a "tax hike for small businesses" (which is, of course, it isn't).

• 9 years ago

Gullible Repubs that don't care and don't listen to Economists these are the people the Republican Party thrive on.

• ?
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Give me a break. The cuts don't expire until January 1.

What's the problem?

• Norma
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

No the Democrats have defined their plan. It's the Republicans who are holding the taxpayers hostage. Most of them are Bernie Madoff's in training.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

THERE ARE NO TAX CUTS PROPOSED! Failing to raise taxes is NOT a tax cut.

• S&P
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Duh, they just voted for a small business tax cut. Most republicans voted against it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.