My 1997 Dodge caravan will not start. My battery is good so I don't know what it could be?

The battery is good i got the van two years ago its the same battery. My radio and lights work the starter is fine that was ruled out . Should it be my fuel pump? If so how would i know?

• Len
    Favorite Answer

Box under the hood left fender. Open box and look at small cubes called relays. Under lid of box is label telling which relays do what. switch them around and see if the van will start. The horn relay should be the same as the ECM relay so if the horn works switch those first and try it. Could be the fuel relay too.

These are known for fuel pump failure but best to try the relays first.

Need more info on symptoms. Like does it crank but not start or does it not even crank.

Source(s): Mechanic.
  • Paul

Does the Battery have the Amperage to Push the Voltage to turn the Starter? How old is the Battery (3 to 4 1/2 Years Old or Distended (Swollen, Internally Shorted). What Happens when you turn the key? {Details?}

Source(s): 38 Years Exp.

tire pressure.