Do they have yearbooks for japanese high schools?

are their similiar cliques in japanese high schools as they are in the u.s.a.?

for instance, are athletess respected? do they have cheerleaders or dancers perform at school games?

are there problems with popularity?

Favorite Answer

>Do they have yearbooks for japanese high schools?

Yes, we do.

>are their similiar cliques in japanese high schools as they are in the u.s.a.?

It depends on what you mean by clique.

>for instance, are athletess respected?

Yes. They are respected.

>do they have cheerleaders or dancers perform at school games?

We have cheerleaders. And its male version like this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%8Cendan

Not necessarily dancers.

>are there problems with popularity?

What do you mean?

Source(s): a native Japanese

the way i've always picked elective courses is by seeing what interests me. the best way is to read the descriptions of the courses to see if you would like it. Also, look at future classes that may have prerequisites. for example, you might need to take yearbook 1 before yearbook 2. so make sure that the class you want to take now can help you later on as well. Another thing to look at is what you want to do when you are older. if you want to become an english teacher, then taking english 9 lab may be useful. Electives are more about exploring different aspects which may lead you to later careers. your school seems to offer a variety of courses so have fun and try something new!! hope this helped. good luck. :)

Yes we do have yearbooks. I'm guessing it is similar with the American yearbook where it contains pictures of students, club activities and other school events.

I can't really answer about the cliques. I've only seen American school setting from movies and I don't wanna judge from that. In my case though, our class does not have cliques really. Athletes are respected by some. In our school, we support our athletes during school sports competitions. Yes some schools or maybe all, adapted cheerleaders but not that really popular. I mean they only exist during sport fest, if there's no sport fest then no cheer leaders are walking around wearing their cheer leader outfits. We don't really care much about cheerleaders like American high schools do.

About the popularity, maybe some. I don't understand what you mean by that though. Uhh maybe some do not really care about being popular in school. It's the least thing you'll work for when in high school you'll be studying hard to graduate and enroll in your university of choice.

American high school and Japanese high school are really really different in my opinion.

• Fumiki

>> yes we do have yearbooks

>> not really...

for instance, are athletess respected?

>> Yes they are.

do they have cheerleaders or dancers perform at school games?

>> Our cheerleaders called Oendan and it's not really a sexy girls jumping around... it's a group of guys with winter uniform. there's some girls cheerleader too, but it's not common for each school. they not just showing off their dance move, they actually encourage the crowd to cheer for the team.

are there problems with popularity?

>> yep, but not as though as Americans, though. They are all in their own group. Popular group, baseball group, nerd group, anime freak group, gangster group... etc... and they rarely messed up with each other unless you start something with them, cause they're usually have problems with their people from other school instead of same school... for example, gangster from my school don't bother to disturb people in my school, cause their enemy is gangster from the other school.

I don`t think they do. Yes there are similar cliques and in junior high school bullying is a problem.

Athletes are respected, especially baseball and soccer players. They sometimes have cheerleaders it depends on the school and they might perform at basketball.

Problems with popularity? I think yes.

Source(s): Read more about Daily Life in Japan: http://www.japanliving.org/daily-life-in-japan.htm...

1

Source(s): Raccomended Photo Course http://PhotographyMasterclass.enle.info/?5G9D

A typical day at a Japanese high school usually consists of math lessons and drills on how to survive a godzilla attack.