1999 Dodge Dakota transmission/ABS brake light problems?

I just purchased a 99 Dakota 4x4 (regular cab, 5.2L V8, automatic, 95K miles). It drove fine when I test drove it, but after it warmed up it didn't want to shift right. It would let the rpms get real high and then slam into gear. Then occasionaly it would start to hesitate (shake) when accelerating. Once I... show more I just purchased a 99 Dakota 4x4 (regular cab, 5.2L V8, automatic, 95K miles). It drove fine when I test drove it, but after it warmed up it didn't want to shift right. It would let the rpms get real high and then slam into gear. Then occasionaly it would start to hesitate (shake) when accelerating. Once I pulled into my driveway (30 miles later), the abs and brake light came on. They did not come back on after restarting the truck until today. Yesterday it seemed to shift better if I was on the throttle hard. I disconnected the battery this morning and now it hesitates a lot more and the lights are on again. There is no CHECK ENGINE light on either. I am hoping that it is one of the speed sensors, what do you think?
2 answers 2