I have a tricky little English phrase I need translated into Swedish. Please help, native speakers?

Ideally, I'd like a native Swedish speaker to tell me the proper way of saying, basically, "Don't f@*k with Swedes" in everyday, conversational Swedish. Online translators are proving to be too literal for my needs - since I'm trying to say (essentially) "Don't mess with Swedes" as opposed to "Don't have sex with Swedes", I need some native Swedish help. Thanks, and Hooray Svenskar!

• Lagom
    Best Answer

Hi! I'm a native swedish speaker, and the best ways of saying that would be:

- "Käfta inte med svenskarna!" (= "don't mess with/talk back to the swedes")

or

- "Mucka inte med svenskarna!" (= "don't mess/argue/pick a fight with the swedes!")

these are definately things I could use in everyday conversation. other options would be:

- "Bråka inte med svenskarna!" (= "don't fight/argue with the swedes")

- "Slåss inte med svenskarna!" (= "don't hit/get into a fight with the swedes")

- "Mucka inte gräl med svenskarna!" (= "don't pick a fight with the swedes")

- "Tjafsa inte med svenskarna!" (= "don't argue/mess/talk bs with the swedes")

that's all I could think of :) hopt it helped!

Source(s): I'm swedish
  • Petter

Lagom had some really good suggestions, but I would still like to make one more (and that is the one I would use)

Jävlas inte med svenskar. (= Don't f*ck with swedes.)

Inte förvärra svenskarna

Leker inte med svenskarna

Inte antasta med svenskarna

• Carly

actually it doesn't make any sense, the solo thing means alone, and has the accent on the 1st O because of grammatical reasons, the first part is where it doesn't make any sense, the word "son", means are, for example they "are" alone, but in this phrase it only says "they are so alone" but in a slang way, so in slang is different, it depends on the region and the expression, context, also for what. "tan" means "so".........example: "so" alone= tan solo. The next one is "tan solo" as saying "only", yo tan solo queria.....= I only wanted to...... So here they may say, "they only are". but I repeat this phrase is set on a slang context, so it doesn't have a dictionary meaning