My computer is slow so anyone know what to do?

Well at the moment I have about 418gb of free space and the total size is 446gb. For some reason my computer is still slow. Then Norton keeps saying that it is unable to install the updates at all. I decided that I wanted to reboot my laptop to manufacture settings but I realized when I searched online that I need... show more Well at the moment I have about 418gb of free space and the total size is 446gb. For some reason my computer is still slow. Then Norton keeps saying that it is unable to install the updates at all. I decided that I wanted to reboot my laptop to manufacture settings but I realized when I searched online that I need a cd to do that. My laptop is a dell inspiron 1750. So far even when I don't need to use the internet then I unplug my pc from my modem it still goes slow. Well I did however uninstalled Norton and then re-installed it back so now it tells me everything is fine, however my laptop is still slow so I need advice on what to do. I want to reboot my pc to manufacture settings but I only have that, "For re-installing Dell Inspiron 1750 computer software" cd. Any tips people?
Update: Well I did do a full scan on my computer and I kept finding something called "Tracking Cookies". I did have Norton get rid of this but it keeps popping up. I was hoping that the dell reinstalling cd would reboot my computer back to manufacture settings but all it does is install drivers and utilities,... show more Well I did do a full scan on my computer and I kept finding something called "Tracking Cookies". I did have Norton get rid of this but it keeps popping up. I was hoping that the dell reinstalling cd would reboot my computer back to manufacture settings but all it does is install drivers and utilities, etc. Althought I barely have enough files on my computer except for the emulator desmume (ds emulator) along with my actual nintendo ds with some games in the folder.
Update 2: Ok I tried the f8 thing when the logo showed and nothing happened. Or am I suppose to press f8 before the logo?
Update 3: Ok I checked the computer details and it says my ram is 4.oo gb. Is that good or not?
Update 4: Ok I checked the computer details and it says my ram is 4.oo gb. Is that good or not?
Update 5: Ok when I try the restore to factory settings it tells me that there is a windows error recovery whenever I press f8 when the logo appears. I searched on the net that I am supposed to have some pcrestore thing or something.
Update 6: I want to reset my pc to factory settings already but the bad thing about leaving my pc like this is that I'm trying to download and wait for avira to successfully download but then it takes like 2 hours for it to download and all of a sudden it either stops at the beginning of the download or it just stops and... show more I want to reset my pc to factory settings already but the bad thing about leaving my pc like this is that I'm trying to download and wait for avira to successfully download but then it takes like 2 hours for it to download and all of a sudden it either stops at the beginning of the download or it just stops and doesn't keep going.
Update 7: Estimated time left: 5 hr 44 min

For the download of Avira but then it keeps failing on me. The download freezes and would stay frozen loading little by little taking about 5 or under 5 hours. It's really annoying.
Update 8: Ok the only cd's I have right now (or I may need more) is: For Reinstalling Dell Inspiron 1750 Computer Software, For Reinstalling Cyberlink PowerDVD DX 8.2 Software for Microsoft Windows XP and Windows Vista For Reinstalling Cyberlink PowerDVD DX 8.3 Software for Windows 7 (Yes all in one Cyberlink dvd ), For... show more Ok the only cd's I have right now (or I may need more) is: For Reinstalling Dell Inspiron 1750 Computer Software, For Reinstalling Cyberlink PowerDVD DX 8.2 Software for Microsoft Windows XP and Windows Vista For Reinstalling Cyberlink PowerDVD DX 8.3 Software for Windows 7 (Yes all in one Cyberlink dvd ), For Reinstalling Dell Webcam Central Software. I think I may have gotten a recovery cd but idk.