What does "don't let your ego get in the way of your progress" mean in the Martial Arts?
What does "don't let your ego get in the way of your progress" mean to you?
P.S. I was inactive for quite a while because of a medical issue. I have fluid around my heart and apparently it happened for no reason since all the diagnostic tests say there's no reason for it to have happened. But, I've been getting better and the fluid has been shrinking. It's a medical mystery to the western doctors. I haven't asked any of my eastern medicine friends about possible causes yet.
Ego - noun
3) egotism; conceit; self-importance: Her ego becomes more unbearable each day.
Egotism - –noun
1. excessive and objectionable reference to oneself in conversation or writing; conceit; boastfulness.
2. selfishness; self-centeredness; egoism.
Conceit - –noun
1. an excessively favorable opinion of one's own ability, importance, wit, etc.
1. the habit of valuing everything only in reference to one's personal interest; selfishness ( opposed to altruism).
1. devoted to or caring only for oneself; concerned primarily with one's own interests, benefits, welfare, etc., regardless of others.
2. characterized by or manifesting concern or care only for oneself: selfish motives.