Nikki
Nikki asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Do you agree with Thomas Sowell that black voters put racial patronage above the education of their children?

Sowell talks of DC mayor, Adrian Fenty, under whom the murder rate went down, school children's test scores went up but he was resoundingly defeated for re-election. Ostensibly, because Fenty, appointed the best people he could find - not all of them black- instead of running a racial patronage system, as a black mayor of a city with a black majority is apparently expected to. He also didn't spend as much time schmoozing with the folks as was expected.

The full column: http://jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowell092110.php...

Best Answer

Yes, Sowell is a wise man. He calls it as he sees it

• ?

Sowell is on the money 99.999% of the time. And he hits the mark here. I lived in DC when they brought barry back. The countrys capital & it's not safe to walk the streets...really.

• Jim

Yes. The real surprise is Fenty got elected at all. What do you expect from the town that reselected crack user marion barry?

• Jamie

I worked in DC & saw the black cronyism first hand. Sowell is correct.

In as much as i want to disagree with Sowell,i just can't

Source(s): my experience

Agreed! Blacks voters would rather follow losers like Sharpton and Jessie rather than follow a path that would lead to self relience. The NAACP is harming blacks more than they are helping them.

I see it at stores when there's a black cashier. The difference in treatment is obvious.

That was indeed a good article. Yes, it appears that doing the best job takes back seat to racist politics. the voters will have increased crime against them and worse schools..

.

They vote themselves into continued government dependence every time. If only they could see it.

I find myself agreeing with Mr. Sowell on everything so far... Everything, that he wrote/said and I read/heard, that is.