Music sound quality, headphones, & vinyl?

I have two related questions: 1. Do you care about the sound quality of your music? I personally have ears that just will never hear all the sounds of a high quality lossless audio. However as an artist I feel that out of respect to an art form I cherish and the artist who create it I want the highest... show more I have two related questions:

1. Do you care about the sound quality of your music?

I personally have ears that just will never hear all the sounds of a high quality lossless audio. However as an artist I feel that out of respect to an art form I cherish and the artist who create it I want the highest quality possible because they created something and who wants 30% of a piece of music (mp3s at 320 BPMs are about 30% of 1170 BPM CD). It is like getting 30% of a meal or of the Mona Lisa. And I just find that insulting.

2. Why do you think there is an increase in mainstream ignorance towards the decline technical arts side of music, mainly with regards to production/post production and dynamic range?

I don't know but often I see people, mainly my age (30s) and younger with fancy headphones listenng to shitty MP3 sound quality. LOL! You may as well buy your earfuckers at Target for 3 bucks, if you're going to listen to MP3 quality. And the new vinyl craze is all gimmick? Do these people not know that new vinyl is being produced with MP3 sound quality what a joke. I saw some kids at Hot Topic buying vinyl for $20 bucks and thought you could buy some great vinyl with great sound at any used record store for under 5 bucks, but it would be "old" music.
Update: Actually tests have also shown people do hear differences. And I just talked to guy who works in post production who is madder than I am at what is being done and won't work with companies that louden music. And I totally understand that most folks even with good ears won't hear stuff in traffic or a... show more Actually tests have also shown people do hear differences. And I just talked to guy who works in post production who is madder than I am at what is being done and won't work with companies that louden music. And I totally understand that most folks even with good ears won't hear stuff in traffic or a subway or a mall. I told you I couldn't. But as an artist I find it insulting.

And back to the Mona Lisa, is they removed the paint under the paint one couldn't see you would loose texture and in some works layer colors is imperative to the work so removing what can't be see would kill an artwork and certainly affect how the work looked.