Doesn't the book of Job show how unjust and cruel God is?

Ok I've read Job, I know that God let Satan kill Job's wife and kids to test Job, THATS MY POINT. Coming from my agnostic/atheistic belief the Bible reflects the time it was written in. Nowadays we consider ourselves more civilized than back in the day the Bible was written. For instance if a man... show more Ok I've read Job, I know that God let Satan kill Job's wife and kids to test Job, THATS MY POINT.

Coming from my agnostic/atheistic belief the Bible reflects the time it was written in. Nowadays we consider ourselves more civilized than back in the day the Bible was written.

For instance if a man killed another man's daughter these days, the man alone would be charged for murder, whatever degree it is.

In ancient Babylonia, around the time the Bible was written, women and children were seen as PROPERTY of the man, so if a man killed another man's daughter they would kill his daughter.

Now that we live in the 21st century and women are seen as humans not just baby factories we know it would be WRONG to punish a man's wife to test the man.

And whats worse at the end Job got a new wife and more kids... So what? Are we women just of as much value as an armchair or something?

God = an asshole.
Update: So God allows Satan to kill Job's family and its not God's fault at all??

Can someone say assisted murder?