Sam D asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 9 years ago

Should I start Tom Brady or Michael Vick in Week 3?

I have both Tom Brady and Mike Vick on my fantasy football team and i am wondering which to play. They both dont play very good teams, Philly playing jacksonville and NE playing the bills.

Favorite Answer

I would start Michael Vick. It is hard to go against someone like Brady that you know will throw two or three touchdowns and 300+ yards but what if this was the week that Vick threw for 3-4touchdowns, 300+yardspassing, 1 rushing td and 100yds rushing. That would be better than bradys numbers --

Both opposing teams are junk so it is six one way half a dozen the other.

I just think I would capitalize on Vick while he is in...

I would start Tom Brady for this weekend alone.

The Bills have a very young secondary, and Tom Brady always plays well agains the Bills. Wes Welker should be his primary target in short yardage situations as opposed to the running game, especially with how Hernandez (TE) has been improving. The only negative on Brady is that the Bills are so awful that Brady may not play the entire game if the Pats open up a lead.

Vick is a good start, and would likely give you some added yardage points during his scrambles, but it is unknown how well he will do as a starter, and Jack Del Rio will get the Jags defense back to normal sooner rather than later.

Source(s): Fellow NFL Fantasy Footballer

I also have Brady and Vick on my team. I'm choosing to give Vick the chance on Sunday, basically because he's on a bigger roll than Tom and has more points. Vick also has more to prove. He's motivated to play well so he'll keep the starting QB spot and get big contract offers after the season, while Tom already signed his contract with the Pats and is financially safe. both Bills and Jags defense are nothing to fear, so either one will get good points. Vick has the edge because of his running game.

also, Vick faces Redskins in week 4 while Tom has Dolphins. I know for sure I'm going with Tom that week, so Vick can get week 3. I would feel bad if I only kept Vick on my bench while he was scoring mad points.

Even though Buffalo has a good secondary, I would start Tom Brady over Vick. I predict Tom will have a big game after a lost last week to the Jets.

Very close call! I'm in favor of Tom Brady.

Tom Brady in this case.

Close call but Brady.

I love vick but you cant start him over brady vs Buffulo that would complete failure