what causes my body's magnesium levels to be low?

My body's magnesium levels stay low. What causes that?

Favorite Answer

Drinking alcohol increases urine production, which leads to excessive excretion of magnesium and probably contributes to the heart-rhythm abnormalities commonly encountered in heavy drinkers

Also some diuretics cause the loss.

Many factors can deplete magnesium in the body. Consuming sugar, starchy foods, and the seasoning monosodium glutamate (MSG) will deplete your body of magnesium. MSG is an inexpensive, great-tasting brain toxin

More contributing factors to a magnesium deficiency are stress and sleep deprivation. I should also note that vitamin B deficiencies, especially B12, could lead to the inability of the body to utilize magnesium, even when it is getting adequate amounts. Surprisingly enough, even loud noises can decrease magnesium availability, so turn the radio down.

Mercury heavily depletes the body of magnesium. Mercury is second only to plutonium as the most toxic metal known to man. Many common medical and mental problems are known to be caused by mercury toxicity.IE Tooth fillings

Good luck

Tin