Giving two weeks notice in email?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
I only have one boss and she's away for the rest of the week. There's no one else above me besides her, we're a very small business. Anyway, I need to give my two weeks ...show more
Best Answer
Go ahead and send the email. Make sure to say that the only reason you are sending an email is because she is away from the business and that you would much rather have spoken to her in person.
  • 1
  • Comment

Other Answers (3)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • killerk1.geo answered 4 years ago
    I don't really see any reason why you can't give 2 weeks by email. After all, you're leaving. I know it seems to be a parallel between firing and you quitting in some way, but the difference is that if someone is fired and they can't find a job, they're going to start hitting serious financial difficulty. However, the most she's really going to have to deal with is an expense in finding a new employee to fill your spot and too much work for her to do individually in the mean time. Its not really the same emotional effect.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ? answered 4 years ago
    If your going to be going to the new company,just be detailed enough to explain that you would have done it in person, but why you didn't.

You should be able to show that email to all future employers and not be ashamed of it.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • F16 answered 4 years ago
    If she has fired people by email, just sent it to her.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock