Giving two weeks notice in email?

I only have one boss and she's away for the rest of the week. There's no one else above me besides her, we're a very small business. Anyway, I need to give my two weeks today, as it's the end of the pay week (strange pay schedule, I know.) but as I said, she's not here. Can I go ahead and... show more I only have one boss and she's away for the rest of the week. There's no one else above me besides her, we're a very small business. Anyway, I need to give my two weeks today, as it's the end of the pay week (strange pay schedule, I know.) but as I said, she's not here.

Can I go ahead and write a formal letter and send it to her via email? I've been in this business for two years now. I'd much rather do it in person, but I don't want to give my two weeks in the middle of the pay week. She's fired people by email and I always thought it was tacky of her. I'd hate to do the same.

Help?
4 answers