navy STS going to Coast Guard once finshed with enlistment?

i wanted to see if it was possible to stay in KINGSBAY, GA by switching to the Coast Guard from the Navy once my 5 years was up, the reason for staying in KINGSBAY is if i cant sell my house in time before my enlistment is up, and i dont like the submarine force at all, so if this is possible please let me know THANKS

3 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Once your enlistment is over, sure, why not?

    The Coast Guard would love to get someone who has previous naval experience. You may still have to go to their own "boot camp" for Coast Guardsman, to learn their methods and specialized training.

    But, you should receive an advanced pay-grade after joining and possibly you won't lose your "time in service", it still may count for Coast Guard retirement.

    Check with a Coast Guard recruiter to be sure, or visit their website (see below)

  • 4 years ago

    i for my area have not been in the army or Coast preserve yet i could think of he could desire to bypass with the aid of guidance, yet no longer unavoidably elementary guidance. There are hundreds of jobs that one man or woman can do in the army however the Coast preserve is a particular duty, so he could desire to coach for that job, like rescue diver. If he became right into a cook in the army, for sure he could desire to be experienced for the job he would be doing in the Coast preserve. ultimate thank you to make certain rather is to have your husband bypass to a Coast preserve station and seek advice from them.

  • Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    there are ZERO guarantess you will be permitted to enlist in the CG. you have LESS chance of being able to stay put.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.